New Remote under Equipment Protection Plan?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FogNoggin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Kingston, NY
Has anyone here ever used their Equipment Protection Plan to get a fresh remote? It's not broken, just beat up and a little flakey. If I could get one, and get it by mail, I would. I certainly don't want some poor tech driving 30 miles to bring me a remote because Dish mandates that it be "installed".

Has anyone here ever used their Equipment Protection Plan to get a fresh remote? It's not broken, just beat up and a little flakey. If I could get one, and get it by mail, I would. I certainly don't want some poor tech driving 30 miles to bring me a remote because Dish mandates that it be "installed".

If your remote control does not work like it should then Dish Network will replace it under their Protection Plan if you have it in your bill.Dish Network will send it UPS.:)

PM one of the DIRT members here on this website and they will take care of you. You will see who they are when they are online, a little later today, at the bottom of the main forums page. They are in red.

I answered my own question. I just contacted customer service via online chat and got instant gratification:

chat_agent.png
C********: I have successfully created an RA for a new remote for no cost along with free shipping.
chat_agent.png
C********: There will be no return shipping labels. Do not return the defective remote to us. We are shipping your equipment by UPS BLUE 2ND DAY and you should receive it in 3 days.

Gotta love Dish. :)

So is it if you're not paying the $6 a month Dish Home Protection Plan, a new remote is $40? But if you are it's $0?

So is it if you're not paying the $6 a month Dish Home Protection Plan, a new remote is $40? But if you are it's $0?

A new remote is only $20 and, yes, if you don't have the protection plan you pay for it. I feels good to finally cash in on the $6 a month I've been paying.

Which remote is it? The 20.0 or the 21.0? Wonder if they replace those as well under the plan.

Send me a PM with your account information and I can get this started for you.

I answered my own question. I just contacted customer service via online chat and got instant gratification:

chat_agent.png
C********: I have successfully created an RA for a new remote for no cost along with free shipping.
chat_agent.png
C********: There will be no return shipping labels. Do not return the defective remote to us. We are shipping your equipment by UPS BLUE 2ND DAY and you should receive it in 3 days.

Send me a PM with your account information and I can get this started for you.

He's already handled it Zach....

Dish Network will send you one for free sometimes without the protection plan. You have to go through a procedure answering questions about functionality of the remote though before they will replace it whether you have the insurance or not, just like you do when they try to figure out what is wrong with your receiver or system.

It is a little annoying when you tell them what is wrong and they act like they are not convinced and still ask things. More than a little annoying.

chat_agent.png
chat_agent.png

I received a 21.1 for my 612 to replace my 6.4. Got it via UPS in 2 days as promised. Awesome.

Dish Network will send you one for free sometimes without the protection plan. You have to go through a procedure answering questions about functionality of the remote though before they will replace it whether you have the insurance or not, just like you do when they try to figure out what is wrong with your receiver or system.

It is a little annoying when you tell them what is wrong and they act like they are not convinced and still ask things. More than a little annoying.

Thats because when they send out a replacement remote, they do not ask for the old one to be shipped back. Its simply not worth paying the shipping to send the old one back.

They want to make sure your remote is truely broken, so people don't call in to get a free remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)