New Dish Customer Disaster

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chipvee

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2006
I switched Sunday from Directv to Dish. Worst mistake I have ever made. The first problem I ordered 2 722's and they had on their work order 1 722 and 1 222. They said if I wanted 2 722's it would cost $100. That would have been fine if they told me that in the first place. We finally agreed on $50. Then later that night realized we had no local channels. Called Dish and they said they could turn them on but they would charge us. Finally got them to waive it. We had ordered America's Everything package and was quoted a price of 67.99 a month. She said it was a promo for a win back from Directv.
Turned on Showtime and it was not there. Called again and was told we did not have that package but a lower package. That package would be $100 a month. Told them to turn it on and Wednesday talk to a Sup we had talked to earlier. Just got off the phone with them and was told even though their rep lied they cannot honor that price. Was told right away would you like me to waive the disconnect fee. Said it takes Dish 3 years to make a profit off a new customer and would be better if we left. Dish sending boxes. The craziest thing this sales rep told my wife is that with Blockbuster Movie pass since we are a win back from Direct we would get to stream all new release movies for a year for free. I wish I would have stayed with Direct. I had some friends that were wanting to switch also but I am glad they waited. I thought Dish was a good honest company but boy was I wrong.

I do apologize about the frustrating experience that you had with us, and I'm sorry to see you leaving as a customer. If there is anything that you would like me to review on your account, please send me a PM with your phone number or account number

damn that sucks. One thing wrong I could understand but that many things wrong at once? Sounds like they shafted you

Did you come back to Directv then?

It was through Dish themselves. I have already sent back my equipment to Direct. The only alternative here is Comcast and there is no way I would go back to that.

OK, but the order doesn't make a whole lot of sense. First off, I never heard of the everything pak going for $67.99/month (if that were the case, you'd be one of the luckiest Dish subs here.) And second, all packages are suppose to include locals now so there was no way they should've given you a package without your locals included. As for the $100 for the second 722, I don't know if that's true since I never had the need for more than 1 receiver.

Tell your friends to use Claude at Dishstore.net Do not call anybody else. Do not even think about calling Dish. It is very rare that they know what they are doing at the regular call center.

Since a win back is essentially a new customer from the standpoint of cost, this should have been much different imo.

Get sub pack below everything at whatever current price
subtract discount that's offered
3 month of all premiums (I assume Dish is still doing that)
9 months with only the standard discount.

And in today's competitive market there is no way I would take two HDDVRs for anything but free of upfront cost.

If Dish is now doing less, it pretty much explains how they are losing net subscribers.

Can you explain in more details;
"Then later that night realized we had no local channels. Called Dish and they said they could turn them on but they would charge us." Dish does not offer the Top250 (or any of the top packages) without locals, there is no additional charge to get them.

"The craziest thing this sales rep told my wife is that with Blockbuster Movie pass since we are a win back from Direct we would get to stream all new release movies for a year for free." Are you saying you did not get it for free, or you don't get streaming movies.

You are the first, I think, to quote a price of $67 for the everything package plus any incentives. At that price it would not surprise me if Dish said they would simply cancel the account.

I also see that you did not mention getting a $25 off for 12 months offer, that is available without even asking..... Seems like you have been on the forum long enough, should have known to contact the DIRT team here.

Last edited:
"The craziest thing this sales rep told my wife is that with Blockbuster Movie pass since we are a win back from Direct we would get to stream all new release movies for a year for free." Are you saying you did not get it for free, or you don't get streaming movies.

Gotta be a misunderstanding there.The Blockbuster on Demand does not offer new release movies via streaming.The new releases are only for discs by mail.You can stream older stuff such as movies playing on Starz and Epix.

I also see that you did not mention getting a $25 off for 12 months offer, that is available without even asking..... Seems like you have been on the forum long enough, should have known to contact the DIRT team here.

The OP here only has 20 posts. He probably doesn't come on here all the time so you can cut him a little slack on that front. On that note, to the OP, I'm sure the DIRT team here can get everything straighten out for you.

After the installer left we had to leave til later that night. We then realized we had no locals. My wife called the rep and was told it would be an additional $5 a month. He said he would waive the fee. My wife talks to them I am disabled. The Blockbuster movie pass we were told all new release movies could be streamed for free. We have the Blockbuster but cannot stream new movies for free. The last person we talked to said that was coming real soon. We thought that since we were a win back that price of $67 was legit. This experience has been like a Twilight Zone episode. I feel if that is what is quoted that is what they should honor. They can pull the call to hear how their rep lied. I have made a few posts but I am sorry I do not know who the DIRT team is.

I have made a few posts but I am sorry I do not know who the DIRT team is.

The DIRT team stands for Dish Internet Response Team, they are a team of actual Dish Network customer service representatives who monitor the forums. MattG was actually the first to respond to your post. All DIRT team members have their user names in red. You may contact them here in the forums at any time and also by PM (private messages). They are by far the best customer service representatives that Dish has and very knowledgable. I have personally delt with them, mostly MattG, and they have given me not only the correct information, but the help I need every time. If you go back in this post and click on MattG's name, you can send him a PM with your account number and he will help get everything straightened out. I personally will not contact the normal methods of customer service for Dish as long as the DIRT team is on the forums! Hope this helps!

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
I've already spoke with the OP in PMs

Very good, I should have known you were on top of it! Hopefully, the OP and other people viewing this thread who aren't familiar with the DIRT team become familiar with you and the rest of the team! Keep up the great work! :-D

I appreciate everyones input. Contacted Matt through email and unfortunately nothing can be worked out. I was impressed with Dish's equipment and programming. Unfortunately the sales and customer service is lacking. I guess we were naive in believing the sales reps price. How the standards of business today has changed and not for the better. A companies word used to mean something. Thanks.

It was through Dish themselves. I have already sent back my equipment to Direct. The only alternative here is Comcast and there is no way I would go back to that.

couldnt you call Directv and see if they can reactivate the account and have the equipment installed? If its only been a few days maybe that is possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)