New Dish Customer Disaster

Now I am getting concerned that I may end up in the same situation as the OP, because I also called Dish directly for service. I hope everything else goes smoothly, but since I am coming over from cable, I guess Directv is an option if things go south.

Wow! Reading that two people have been told that locals are $5, and had the option to either pay for them or have them removed, something is fishy here and I'm not talking about the people posting that. There is obviously some old/bad information or training going on with the Dish CSRs thinking that locals are still an option. Seems like Dish needs to look into something to get their customer service staff, not the DIRT team, but their general CSR team all on the same page regarding locals and all the packages and fees etc. I went through rough time with customer service after I got my current service installed. I contacted Dish through chat and was told that I would have to pay for a service call even though I knew darn well that there was a window of time where all new installs have a warranty especially when I had low signal. In the end I got everything settled through the DIRT team. It's cases like these that literally bleed Dish of subs. Who knows how many other customers that customer could have referred to Dish had all the information been given correctly the first time.

Why are you guys so skeptical about the OP? Half of the posts on here are people bitching about CSR's, and their stupidity. Dirt team has confirmed that Csr's are wrong sometimes. Hell, I even watched the CEO of the company say that the 222 was going to be DVR capable, and the other guy next to him basically telling him to shut up, because it ain't going to happen. When the CEO is clueless half of the time, I am giving the OP the benefit of the doubt on this.

While I generally agree, there is still something not quite right. It's one thing to be told locals are separate, quite another to actually get the package without locals, then be charged $5 a month for locals. I'm betting the system is not even able to do that unless even the Dirt Team has been wrong all this time about locals. As I posted, that does not mean someone is throwing out BS, but there just has to be more to the story.......and even though it may not be fair, a second poster who just started posting isn't enough to persuade me this is information being given out routinely, if at all. Now if there has been a change in how Dish is packaging the locals, that would be an explanation.

I have seen Dish Network give bad information. I went through a LOT of trouble hours on the phone to get a receiver replaced and to get a deal on a replacement for the hassle (an upgrade for free) then get "hung up on" (disconnected) whatever you want to call it. When I get the next person on the phone they cannot honor the deal the last person made. It is very frustrating. No notes on the account either (of course). And Dish Network is bleeding customers? Gee, I wonder why?

You should get in touch with executive resolutions and have them pull the sales call and listen to it and make them honor the origional agreement.

I got to record all of my sales calls, and make them available when a situation like this comes up. They make me pull calls for the most stupid things, and most of the time I am able to prove the customer wrong as my sales people do a good job.

But seriously, if they messed up the order as bad as they did, they should have a recording. If the sales person messed up, they will honor it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)