New Dish Customer Disaster

There was no communication breakdown. This sales person lied. My wife spent an hour on the phone and kept verifying what we were supposed to get. If you could hear the call you would hear her telling us these things. My wife even called back the next day and another rep verified our order. My wife used to be a CSR for Insight/Comcast cable for six years. We made the mistake in believing her. Like I said we called again and another rep confirmed our order.

Back when I signed up I did everything by chat and kept a copy of the chat transcript (which I still have to this day). I feel much better getting everything in writing, although it wasn't needed since I got exactly what I was told. As they say: "Trust but verify." I know it is hindsight now but if the OP had all that in writing I don't think there would be any issues. Or the miscommunication would be easy to identify.

I know it is hard for some to believe things got this whacked up but In all fairness it can happen and with Directv also. I am getting Direct installed tomorrow after 8 years with Dish. I did a lot of searching for how to get the best price and equipment before I decided to order. After I knew what I wanted I decided I would go to BestBuy and sign up there to get an additional $150 rebate. Boy that was a mistake. They had a reseller in BB from Direct. Now this guy way not a BB employee. After talking to him for 5 minutes I knew he was 100% clueless! NOTHING this guy was telling me was correct. He did not know the equipment, did not know how to use a friend referral discount, and he had the pricing of the programming packages wrong along with what discount you would get for what length of time. I KNEW if I had ordered with them things would have gotten screwed up. I went home and ordered online where I nave now in written confirmation emails exactly what I am supposed to get.

Whole just sounds "weird " .. First there is NO SUCH THING as a $5 fee for locals.. Second people coming as a new cuts type of offer get ape for $79.99 for first 12 months Then is normal rate of 104.99 sand that is just the tip of the iceberg. Some resellers are known infamously for giving "misinformation" (lol ;). ). BuT this goes beyond even that type of mistake... Certain things op is claiming just aren't true, don't happen or if they did would be a fire able offense at dish

"sniff sniff sniff... Does it smell in here?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

We are not lying about this. I wish you could hear the calls. I had no beef with Dish. This reminds me of the Twilight Zone.

We are not lying about this. I wish you could hear the calls. I had no beef with Dish. This reminds me of the Twilight Zone.
It the complete absurdity of what you would have gone through and the fact that DIRT couldn't take care of the situation that leads to major red flags popping up. You would of had to have interacted with the most clueless people at Dish ever to have been inundated by this Perfect Storm of bad customer service.

So, why did you leave Dish after all of this. Did you get false information about the price for the Everything Package and find out it would cost most and realized you weren't going to save a huge bundle after all?

"Said it takes Dish 3 years to make a profit off a new customer and would be better if we left." Seriously?

Stephanie in retention say it would be better to void our contract and wave the cancellation fee.

This is the last post I am going to make about this. This really did happen! It is frustrating! I will never post on here again because I am offended that people are thinking I am lying about this. Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

chipvee said:
I switched Sunday from Directv to Dish. Worst mistake I have ever made. The first problem I ordered 2 722's and they had on their work order 1 722 and 1 222. They said if I wanted 2 722's it would cost $100. That would have been fine if they told me that in the first place. We finally agreed on $50. Then later that night realized we had no local channels. Called Dish and they said they could turn them on but they would charge us. Finally got them to waive it. We had ordered America's Everything package and was quoted a price of 67.99 a month. She said it was a promo for a win back from Directv.
Turned on Showtime and it was not there. Called again and was told we did not have that package but a lower package. That package would be $100 a month. Told them to turn it on and Wednesday talk to a Sup we had talked to earlier. Just got off the phone with them and was told even though their rep lied they cannot honor that price. Was told right away would you like me to waive the disconnect fee. Said it takes Dish 3 years to make a profit off a new customer and would be better if we left. Dish sending boxes. The craziest thing this sales rep told my wife is that with Blockbuster Movie pass since we are a win back from Direct we would get to stream all new release movies for a year for free. I wish I would have stayed with Direct. I had some friends that were wanting to switch also but I am glad they waited. I thought Dish was a good honest company but boy was I wrong.

It had to be through a retailer. I install it everyday and never really have a issue with a work order when a customer calls dish directly. I can not stand retailers who market for dish with the flyers that flood our mail boxes. I would say 3 in 5 are messed up and I feel bad for those customers but there is not much "we" can do about it. But if it was through dish directly I am surprised. Probably got a rep that was out on the floor for her 1at day. Sorry that happened to you.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using SatelliteGuys

While some of the things the OP posted just doesn't ring true (how do you get the package he has without locals when the locals are available? plus other things) by his following posts I never thought it was a lie. But there had to have been some misunderstanding perhaps on both sides. Pure BS is apparent after awhile, I just don't see that.

The OP stated what happened, DIRT couldn't help him, please do not pounce on him or accuse him of lying etc ...

The OP received bad information. Where we (as a company) do our best to prevent situations like this, they still do occasionally happen. I have spoken with the OP in PMs, and unfortunately was not able to get him what he was offered. We would hate to see them leave as a customer, but with the amount of frustration this has caused them, I can understand the skepticism of staying.

If the OP ever has anything that I can do for them, I will gladly help to the best of my abilities.

I feel like I need to chime in on this. I am getting Dish installed tomorrow and was also told there is a $5 charge for locals. I went ahead and added the locals, but was told I could drop them at any time and save myself $5 every month.

I feel like I need to chime in on this. I am getting Dish installed tomorrow and was also told there is a $5 charge for locals. I went ahead and added the locals, but was told I could drop them at any time and save myself $5 every month.

Sorry, but that is not correct. Locals are included with every package now, and there is no way to remove them. People who currently do not have locals are "grandfathered", so any change they make on their account will automatically add locals on

Also, welcome to the forums, and to the DISH Network family!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)