New retailer...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davemich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
SW Lower Michigan
...I just became a retailer for D* recently and have a question. We are trying to get a prior D* customer back to D*. Because he has not been cancelled for 2 years, we cannot get his app thru. However, he received a mailer form D* and due to the fact its from their retention group, he can come back now. Seems odd to me that a retailer could not sign him up when D* can. Retailers should be on a level playing field as corporate IMHO. Anybody have any suggestions??

Who ever told you there was a level playing field? If it was your ASP hit him side the head if you ever see him again. Your biggest competitor is your supplier and business rules are in their favor.

Welcome to the satellite business. Get use to it because that is how the game is played.

There are 2 sets of rules and corporates rules are stacked in their favor.

Secondly, if you think it's bad now just wait until AT&T takes over. DirecTv's plan for the past 4 years is to do away with the local dealers and bring everything in-house. AT&T will bring that goal to reallity much quicker.

All is corect. You as a retailer also can't do referal credit for one of your customer. If they get dtv from you and love the install and service & refer some to you they won't get the credit dtv offers directly. You must pay it out of poccket.

Other lame problems are 90day install charge back. Say you install hd and customer can't get tv on hdmi or thinks every thing is on ch3 . They call the 800 # and csr is to stupid to figure it out or tell the cust to call you and they just role out a truck. Bamb $100 gonne.

Install recivers for tv 5 &6 charge the customer as dirct will pay the $25 install. But they will also charge back $50 ontop of what you payed just to have the reciver in stock.

Install a reciver and dose not work right off the bat or during the 90day's affter you activate it you better hope customer is understanding they will wate till one is mailed out. If they want it fixed now and you replace the active defect with a new one you won't get payed for the new one.

I can go on and on about things that don't seem right compared to doing dish systems.

By the way welcome

Why is DirecTV trying to sign up more retailers then? They are trying to get my business to become a dealer. Been hounding me for a while now. I just met with them yesterday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)