New Roku 2, Roku 3 Just Weeks Away

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I sold my Roku on eBay a couple of months ago because the video was always jerky (like 10 frames per second) even though I have 18 Mbps fiber optic internet service.
If the video was choppy, it is most likely that your ISP isn't giving you a steady feed. My boss has 30Mbps service in Hawaii and video from various sources is choppy there too.

If the video was choppy, it is most likely that your ISP isn't giving you a steady feed. My boss has 30Mbps service in Hawaii and video from various sources is choppy there too.
I had initially considered that as a possibility. But video from the same source (Netflix) is smooth on my Tivo Series 3, and was choppy on the Roku. Same internet connection, different boxes, different results.

(Stand by for the most insignificant post ever about to be presented by ME)...

...Nice to have improved hardware (if my programming needs ask for it, probably not)....
...As long as they keep the built in "wall mount"...(why buy one, though I DO think the creativity of someone making them was purely genius of money making)...

So, I didn't want the heat from the roku 2 (warm, as you know) to ever cause an issue on the cool retro TV. It was originally setting on top of the plastic cabinet...

One small "zip tie" through the roku logo, one thumbtack, and one Roku, with GOOD, usable signal....HIDDEN!

(Couldn't put it under the set, it didn't get signal. Probably the jukebox metal blocking it from the left.)

There. A totally insignificant post about a totally insignificant thing...the placement of a Roku! (and no money spent for an official Roku "mount.")

IR remote still works fine, it bounces off the white walls, apparently.

Now back to our more important, "real" thread about new Roku hardware...

ROU ZIP TIE.jpg

Attachments

• RED TV ROKU HIDDEN.jpg
    RED TV ROKU HIDDEN.jpg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 222
Reactions: . Raine
Here's an even more insignificant post. If it's illegal to remove the tag from a mattress, is it also illegal to remove the tag from a Roku?

BTW, the Roku 3 remote is RF, so you can hide the player anywhere you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)