New Roku on the way

I have zero problems with the Ruko4 and NF so can't imagine how something can be so much better when there is nothing to fix. Or is it just because your wallet is lighter everything seems better?

The ROKU4 has a pretty severe red push which was never addressed.

He may have had the Roku 4 early on like me and punted on it. It did get a lot better, but its launch wasnt the best.

Still have it in the bedroom hooked to the 850A

S~

Hey, msmith198025.
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! Yes, I did mean the (Local Now, Application) It works really good for my location. I like it since my local TV took off their local radar information channel.

Reactions: Ronnie-
The ROKU4 has a pretty severe red push which was never addressed.

Still have it in the bedroom hooked to the 850A

S~

As far as red push with the Roku4 I don't have any with 1080i or Ultra 4K on Netflix or Amazon. If it is an issue still it must be component specific (may be why its not fixed) and not happening on the Sony 930d.

As far as red push with the Roku4 I don't have any with 1080i or Ultra 4K on Netflix or Amazon. If it is an issue still it must be component specific (may be why its not fixed) and not happening on the Sony 930d.
Nope. Not component specific. Happens with 1080 material. It is very widely reported, and I have a Sony, also.

Nope. Not component specific. Happens with 1080 material. It is very widely reported, and I have a Sony, also.
Nope maybe widely reported in your mind but what I've read it appears to be component specific if anything. Yes several tickets have been issued with tech support but seems to be isolated. Some have reported problems but can't repeat after unplugging and plugging HDMI cable back in. If you're telling me I'm having an issue your wrong. The Roku4 has great color on all material using the Sony 930d and specific HDMI cable I use.

Nope maybe widely reported in your mind but what I've read it appears to be component specific if anything. Yes several tickets have been issued with tech support but seems to be isolated. Some have reported problems but can't repeat after unplugging and plugging HDMI cable back in. If you're telling me I'm having an issue your wrong. The Roku4 has great color on all material using the Sony 930d and specific HDMI cable I use.

LOL, do you work for Roku?

This was a huge deal at AVS when the Roku 4 launched, with people returning them. If you also wanna know, at one point Roku issued an update for the 4 which caused a black level/gamma issue which was easily seen on my display so I stopped using it. Once the next update came out it was fixed. The Ultra I have now reminds me of the 3, it just seems to work fine, whereas the 4 was wonky with a loud fan. But hey, glad all is well for you, so no need for you to upgrade then.

Reactions: mdavej
The Roku Express was terrible. I had audio loss and a jittery picture while trying to stream from netflix the first time I used it. I ended up returning it. I think the culprit is a cheap wifi chip as it was basically next to my router (about two to four feet, no wall in between) but was still two wifi bars from having a full signal. I'll stick with my Roku3 until I update to a new Roku Premiere/Ultra that handles 4KHD.

Did not want to start a new thread for this-
My Roku 4 went to **** so luckily it was still under warranty.

After about 2 weeks ( they promised they will send out a replacement unit 3-5 days after receiving the broken one), I decided to give them a call, the excuse they gave me why they did not send out a replacement was because they were out of stock of the Roku 4 and once they get them in I would be getting a new one, I then told them that the 4 was discontinued because the new models were out, I am then put on hold for 2 minutes, a different CSR was on the phone, apologized and said they are rush shipping a Roku Ultra and I would be getting it tomorrow.

I wish all companies were that good to their customers.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Have it hooked up, a little faster then the 4, the main difference from the 4 to the Ultra is up-converted 1080P content to 4K looks a lot better on this device then the 4, I never liked how it looked and preferred the TV up-converting content instead, the Ultra seems to do a much better job.

Is there anyway to check what resolution you are getting with Netflix since the * button no longer does it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)