New Roof

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikemcq02

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
I just had a new roof installed the past week and after they placed the dish back in the original spot, I do not have reception at all! I have a 5lnb dish and now have a technician scheduled to come out and realign it tomorrow.

Will I get charged for this realignment at all?

Thanks!

I just had a new roof installed the past week and after they placed the dish back in the original spot, I do not have reception at all! I have a 5lnb dish and now have a technician scheduled to come out and realign it tomorrow.

Will I get charged for this realignment at all?

Thanks!

That's exactly why I had mine installed on a pole. The roof was not a option since I don't want to climb up 2 stories if adjustments/changes are made. You may get luck and they treat it as a movers charge if any.

Sure, why wouldn't you?

If you have the protection plan the dish can be realigned at no cost.

What you did is have the roofers remove the dish and then put it back. Now you are asking D* to send out a tech to realign a dish that was working perfectly at no cost.

It seems perfectly reasonable to expect a charge.

Your not playing with a TV antenna that can be generally pointed and picks up a tower under 50 miles away. You are pointing at a satellite that is about the size of a van located 22,300 miles out from the equater. With Ka band signals being off by 1/64" is probably too far. And you expected a roofer to just put that dish right back in perfect alignment. I just hope he didn't use roofing nails to remount it. Hopefully he will warranty for the roof leaks he may have created.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts