new RTN signal on galaxy 10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As far as I've been able to determine, what Equity has on the satellite is what feeds the local transmitter and local cable systems. It doesn't go to the local station, who then inserts local ads into the satellite feed.

I'm guessing they aren't even trying to locally sell stations like KDEV at least until it gets enough local viewers to make it worth their while.

And even some of their "local" programming isn't really local. They have "local" news on several of the Spanish channels... Salt Lake City, Amarillo, Oklahoma City. But it all comes from INN in Davenport IA. You can watch the feeds on the INN Utility channel. They used to have a local newscast at 5pm on KLRA (from INN) but awhile back, it was cancelled, I supposed they couldn't sell enough ads to make it pay.

Sneaky Snooper said:
I'm curious for those of you who can see the KDEV Cheynne feed directly, do they actually air any local ads for Cheyenne/Denver?

which KDEV? The former KKTU (33 ABC) or the LP (was Lick TV)?

The commercials match up exactly on WUMN (Univision) as the OTA channel in Minneapolis.

The former KKTU. I noticed the legal on KDEV that is shown here says:

KDEV 36 Denver, (which I thought was Aurora)
KDEV-DT Cheyenne

Nowhere does it mention KDEV-TV. (which should be Ch 33 in Cheyenne)

The first generaton of RTN ID showed KDEV33/KDEV-DT 11 Cheyenne

Wife is loving RTN. I wouldn't have thought it, but apparently she gets a kick out of some old shows like The A-Team and Quincy.

She does run screaming at the sight of Brady Bunch, but I think that's a normal reaction ;)

PS: Especially now tonight, when she got tired of the same 17 channels off the DirecPC dish, and I tossed another cable to her bedroom Viacast from the passtrough on my Twinhan in the living room. Took about 2 minutes, now she has 30+ G10 channels off my 76cm/Invacom setup. And I get "Why didn't you do this before?!" :rolleyes:

CharredPC said:
PS: Especially now tonight, when she got tired of the same 17 channels off the DirecPC dish, and I tossed another cable to her bedroom Viacast from the passtrough on my Twinhan in the living room. Took about 2 minutes, now she has 30+ G10 channels off my 76cm/Invacom setup. And I get "Why didn't you do this before?!" :rolleyes:

why were you only getting 17 before and now 30?

Glad the Viacast is working great :)

Yep, thanks again, Iceberg! Viacast works nice, actually first DVB STB I've owned.

She only got 17 channels or so becuase only one transponder was strong enough to pick up reliably on the G10 DirecPC dish. My Invacom/76cm works so much better, now she gets all the transponders (such as the Tube tp). When I get the 120cm up on the motor, I'll replace the DPC dish with the 76cm so we won't have to do the pass-through cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts