New Russian IPTV Service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

luk350

Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Hi guys,

I'm trying to solve one mistery.
Here in San Francisco, we have one dealer who offering Russian IPTV service, he will show you demo box and service, but refuse to give company name/website etc.
In order to watch 28 russian chanels plus archive for every showing that was broadcasting, you'll pay $300 nonrefundable for box, $19 for 50hrs per month, or $39 for unlimited usage.
Company resides in Canada, he claim that they have all legal right to rebrodcast, but name of company is mystery.
They use set top boxes labeled ICON.

Anyone can help?

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, ........

Something smelling this bad is to be avoided.

I also hear that they are pirating the signals and are redistributing them without permission. IF this is true then I would stay far away.

Nextv is owned by Ethnic Channels (ethnic channels group - home) which owns the distribution rights to these channels for multiple cable providers in Canada. Because of that I highly doubt they are pirating the signals, but I could be wrong.

I was sent an email by their director of business development that they will be launching a Greek channel package in approximately two weeks, so I will probably be the first to sign up for that. I'll be sure to report my experience :)

thanks man, i did signup for free trial and so far it's good.
only i wish plugin for MCE was for 2005 edition, not for Vista, but anyway it worked for me.
i realy like their archive selection.

and i agreed about your opinion on Victor, very unplesant experience

Last edited:
just want to share some info on NEXTV and why i belive in them as a real company. NEXTV is a Canadian-based IPTV provider that delivers digital television services via broadband. It launched in 2007 and is owned by Ethnic Channels Group, But there parent company is NOT new they are a real established company.

Here is some info thanks to Wikipedia Ethnic Channels Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ethnic Channels Group is a Canadian licensed television broadcaster providing premium programming to Canada's multicultural community. The company broadcasts content catering to various ethnicities from European to Asian to Caribbean. It has been in operation since 2004 and is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. ECG is headed by Mr. Slava Levin, a relative newcomer to the Canadian broadcasting scene.

Mr. Levin has been very vocal about his frustration in getting licensed channels to be carried by Canadian Cable and Satellite companies as it seems distributors prefer to add foreign channels to their lineup, instead of Canadian ethnic services. So far Ethnic Channels Group has launched 10 services out of 49 that they have licenses for. Most of the channels are available through Rogers Cable, with the exception of Iran TV Network which is carried by Telus TV, who also carry six other ECG channels. DTH Satellite provider Bell Expressvu has added the 3 Russian services and ProSiebenSat.1 Welt to its lineup.

Due to the fact that these are Canadian services, they are required to air 15% Canadian content, which ECG produces in its state-of-the art broadcast studio.

(MY COMMENTS) GETNEXTV is now venturing into IPTV because this is where the future of TV is. My dealings with them have been great. Customer service is GREAT i got my box very fast it was well packaged and all the cables and great instructions,, very simple to set up.

NO i do not work for them nor do i benifit from them in anyway i am just VERY happy to have my Russian TV back! I feel confident and secure that they getnextv are the best IPTV service out there.

RedACe, you forgot to highlight, that NEXTV broadcasting only in Canada,
and looks like this forum not totaly Canadian oriented, i see a lot users from all across USA. And i spoke with NEXTV CS for about 30 sec. After finding out that i'm in USA, she just hung up.Cute, isn't she?

So far i'm happy with eTVnet, i'm using my HTPC(thanks F190) and quality is very good.

Well i live on long island in new york and NEXTv works great for me.
Nextv is IPTV so it is all done through the internet,, should not matter where in the world you are. Once you get there box you can take it any place in the world as long as you have and internet connection and a tv your set.

If you called ethnic channels instead of nextv then yes they are only in canada but NEXTV you should be able to get anywhere.

I have to say the folks at NexTV are some of the most rude I have spoken to in a long time. I called to ask about one of their upcoming packages and as soon as they heard I was from the U.S. I was quickly told "I don't think we can help you!". I still asked what the package cost and channel lineup was so she said she would check and get right back to me. As soon as she came back on the phone she rudely stated "We can't help you, I'm not going to tell you the channel lineup because it is a waste of my time. Maybe in the future".

All I could say was wow! I definitely will not be doing any business with this company in the future no matter what they offer. Although I once had faith that this company would offer us something good, I now have to suggest others to stay clear of them.

Well i do not know what to say other then i am very very suprised to hear that. they have been nothing but very nice to me and very easy to talk too and deal with.

I can tell you i do know from talking with some of there reps they are Swamped with work and there are many changes comming.

I have to say the folks at NexTV are some of the most rude I have spoken to in a long time. I called to ask about one of their upcoming packages and as soon as they heard I was from the U.S. I was quickly told "I don't think we can help you!". I still asked what the package cost and channel lineup was so she said she would check and get right back to me. As soon as she came back on the phone she rudely stated "We can't help you, I'm not going to tell you the channel lineup because it is a waste of my time. Maybe in the future".

All I could say was wow! I definitely will not be doing any business with this company in the future no matter what they offer. Although I once had faith that this company would offer us something good, I now have to suggest others to stay clear of them.

Join the club. I emailed one of the "reps" or "owner" whatever the title was and he was very rude. I've never seen a business treat customers like this. People are just asking about their packages and they treat you like scum.

Well I called them again once they started offering the greek package on their website. Got the stb sent to me and it works like a charm and its wireless. Thumbs up so far.

OK so i wanted also to update everyone.

I have been using .:NexTV:. Wanna be NEXT? for almost about a year now and I LOVE IT. I got it for the Russian Package and it has been great. They did alot of upgrading over the last few months and from what i have been told more upgrades are comming. For me the biggest thing was improving the picture quality which they did. It is VERY VERY good quality i think most people that see it for the first time will be very suprised how good it is.

I gota say (in my opinion) in time IPTV will put a huge dent into Satellite tv. with IPTV you get many more channels that you could never get with Satellite and for so much less $$$. The Technolgy is growing and getting better every day. In time you'll get IPTV in full HD you'll get hundres and hundres of channel you just could never get with a dish.

For anyone that is Russian let me just say i did try other russian iptv services and after alot of hassels and problems i did ALOT ALOT of research and found with out a doubt that .:NexTV:. Wanna be NEXT? is the only real legit service out there.
All the other companys are what i call plug and play services.

.:NexTV:. Wanna be NEXT? is the real deal they are a Well established company and well respected in the canadian broadcasting community.

RedAce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)