New S229 Feature - Bluetooth Audio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This will make my married life better in so many ways you have no idea.

Hopefully I get the update soon. Gotta buy some nice BT headphones now.

Isn't there bluetooth hardware in the Joeys as well?

Sadly no. Bluetooth is built into the chipset for the Hopper but what was chosen for the Joeys does not have bluetooth native. We bounced some ideas to the Dish Software team during testing but we will have to wait and see what is implemented for the Joeys going forward related to bluetooth support.

No BT on Joeys is another reason for 2 Hoppers and no Joeys.
Ironically, BT Audio would be more useful with the Joey, as they are usually installed in bedroom locations where silent listening would be most helpful.

Perhaps Dish engineers might some day make the Joey compatible with BT dongles the way they currently support Wi-Fi dongles. That would be nice.

Just got s230...clicked on bluetooth paired device connected and then nothing...no sound to bluetooth...turned bluetooth off and it was still connected

Hit red button tried again device was paired but would not connect

What am I doing wrong???

Is it because I am using a bluetooth headset that I use for my phone???

ashutto20 said:
Just got s230...clicked on bluetooth paired device connected and then nothing...no sound to bluetooth...turned bluetooth off and it was still connected

What am I doing wrong???

I use a stereo bt headset and it works great. If there is no audio then I would unpair and then pair again a few times. I had this same issue when first attempting to use my head phones. After a couple tries it worked and has worked since.

elmafu69 said:
This will make my married life better in so many ways you have no idea.

Hopefully I get the update soon. Gotta buy some nice BT headphones now.

I have been waiting for a cool feature like
This. I watch tv late while my wife goes to bed early.
Been holding off on wireless headphones.
Now I know why.
I just received from Amazon Aluratek ABH01F
Never heard of them. They had excellent
Reviews. Listening to them right now paired with my Hopper. They sound Damn good. 52 bucks with built in mike. Extremely comfortable.
Love this new feature on Hooper! Thank u dish!
If interested check these cans out. They're
Excellent.
Interesting that blu tooth does not work well on Pandora or streaming content

Last edited:

What am I doing wrong???

I think I may have been confused when i first read your comment. You need to be sure you are going to Menu>Settings>Bluetooth. If you are going to Paired Devices then that is the problem. That tiles is for future use. If you pair them up in the Bluetooth menu then it should work.

lucky86 said:
I think I may have been confused when i first read your comment. You need to be sure you are going to Menu>Settings>Bluetooth. If you are going to Paired Devices then that is the problem. That tiles is for future use. If you pair them up in the Bluetooth menu then it should work.

No im going to bluetooth first

I would just try a few times unpairing and disconnecting and giving it about 30 seconds before you exit the bluetooth menu and see if it works. Remember that the audio from the TV does not mute when using bluetooth and to raise or lower the volume on your headset, you must do that with the headphones volume controls not the hopper remote. I also had issue with no audio after being paired when i first started using this feature but now for me at least, everything works really well and is simple to connect and use.

Ive done it a few times but will try a few more...maybe its because its a cheap bluetooth for my phone??? I dont know

I use it for my phone and ps3 and it works just fine

Question I have a iPhone 4 I have Bluetooth on but it does not find any devices or do you also need a Bluetooth also for it work??

Thank you,
Chris

Nope paired unpaired tried it on phone works...on ps3 works...

pair unpair...i can get it to find the bluetooth connect and when I close out a blue tooth symbol appears in rt corner...no sound though...change channel the symbol is gone...no sound

repeat still nothing...any ideas???

ashutto20 said:
Nope paired unpaired tried it on phone works...on ps3 works...

pair unpair...i can get it to find the bluetooth connect and when I close out a blue tooth symbol appears in rt corner...no sound though...change channel the symbol is gone...no sound

repeat still nothing...any ideas???

That is exactly what was happening to me as well. I would get in touch with a chat,phone or dirt rep from dish and give them the model of your headphones so they can escalate it to the correct people so they can check it out. I rebooted my hopper and kept trying over and over and it started working out of the blue.

Chris36 said:
Question I have a iPhone 4 I have Bluetooth on but it does not find any devices or do you also need a Bluetooth also for it work??

Thank you,
Chris

It is only compatible with head phones and speakers not phones or tablets. Even if you could get the phone paired via Bluetooth,there would be no functionality with it.

lucky86 said:
That is exactly what was happening to me as well. I would get in touch with a chat,phone or dirt rep from dish and give them the model of your headphones so they can escalate it to the correct people so they can check it out. I rebooted my hopper and kept trying over and over and it started working out of the blue.

ive tried and tried...i guess ill keep trying since stuff has not worked before and magically it stats working haha...ive tried maybe 15-20 times haha ...the advice it seems is to just keep trying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts