new samsung hd dvr that supports mrv

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
heard this thursday that there is a new samsung box, just released, that will support mrv and its available. anyone confirm or deny? heard it from tech support.

UPDATE this is actually the box i got. my question now is when will bhn support mrv? or do they already?

Last edited:
multi room viewing. means if you record a program in the living room, you can watch it on other tv's in your home. its a neat feature.

its launching in a few weeks. All of the model's that will support our mrdvr end in a 2 (cisco 8642, samsung 3072). Even if you have one, you will have to have the feature activated (once launched) and a truck roll will be required to set it up. Its likely that your other boxes in the house will need to be swapped to be compatible as well.

Ill also add, the current samsung and cisco boxes there giving ( 3270 and 8640) are technically capable through the ethernet port but bhn is using a different technology to have it sent back over the existing coax in the house. The application were using is called MOCA.

Could someone with a Samsung H3272 DVR on Brighthouse do me a favor? Hold down Select on the remote until the mail light blinks and then press the Down arrow button. When the diagnostic screen comes up go to Page 11, that should be the 'Disk Info' screen. Please post the Total Size, AVFS Size and AVFS Available (if there is no recorded content on the drive) information. Thanks a bunch.

Could someone with a Samsung H3272 DVR on Brighthouse do me a favor? Hold down Select on the remote until the mail light blinks and then press the Down arrow button. When the diagnostic screen comes up go to Page 11, that should be the 'Disk Info' screen. Please post the Total Size, AVFS Size and AVFS Available (if there is no recorded content on the drive) information. Thanks a bunch.

i do and i'll try to remember.

It has a Seagate Pipeline HD 500GB

The screen you asked for shows:
Total Size: 401.72GB
AVFS Size:400.82GB
AVFS Avail: 316.89GB
AVFS utilized(%): 15.868836

One feature missing from this DVR is PIP. I called BHN and they confirmed this model does not support PIP. However, it has performed flawlessly which is more than I can say about the old 8300 HD and the added storage capacity is nice.

Yes, Samsung DVRs don't support PIP. I had the Samsung Multiroom DVRs for two days with Time Warner before I called up and requested they be swapped out for Ciscos. Thanks for the drive info, it wasn't just the receivers I had then. For some reason there is over 60GB of 'missing' space when comparing the Samsung H3272 to the Cisco 4642HDC. Top image is from the Samsung, bottom was taken a few minutes later when they had the Ciscos hooked up.

29299_893

29299_582

okay, can someone clarify because i'm getting conflicted info? i was originally told the samsung hd dvr i have would work in a mrv setup. however, saturday it sounded like a sales person tole me it would not. also, you can utilize mrv with an hd dvr and an hd receiver?

Saw a commercial this morning for the MRV for BrightHouse CFL and decided to call to get the details:
*$20.00 a month for the service
*$6.95 per additional HD Viewer Box, but this is going up to over $8.00 March 1st
*$100 Installation Fee
*500GB of storage for up to 60 hours of HR programming

The pricing was pretty much what was stated already, but I was not ready for the limitations on the additional viewer box:

*Can only watch recordings
*Can't manage recordings or the main DVR (can't delete, set recording, managed series recording options, etc...)
*Can only Pause/Rew/FF records, not live TV (like the normal DVR)

This sounds more like a shell game than anything else... Not sure it is really worth at least $30 a month (service and one additional TV), but that's just MHO.

directv's mrv was really nice. and it wasn't an additional 20 dollars a month but 3.99. plus, you weren't limited as to what you could do.

my understanding from bhn is that one of your units has to be a dvr; the second unit can be a receiver. they both have to have moca capability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)