New satellite for more HD channels

DaCypher

Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
It seems the general consensus is that Dish is going to have to launch another satellite in order to provide additional HD channels. Once this happens, I assume everyone with HD would need to get new Dishes to pick up the new signal. Will Dish upgrade everyone for free? How is this going to work? Does anyone know where the new satellite will be launched? I'm currently getting my HD from 61.5 (I live in Florida, if that's relevant). Will the new satellite be close enough to 61.5 to where I could just get a new HD dish that received signals from both 61.5 and the new one or will I need to get yet another (third) dish?

It seems the general consensus is that Dish is going to have to launch another satellite in order to provide additional HD channels. Once this happens, I assume everyone with HD would need to get new Dishes to pick up the new signal. Will Dish upgrade everyone for free? How is this going to work? Does anyone know where the new satellite will be launched? I'm currently getting my HD from 61.5 (I live in Florida, if that's relevant). Will the new satellite be close enough to 61.5 to where I could just get a new HD dish that received signals from both 61.5 and the new one or will I need to get yet another (third) dish?
There is another bird to launched next year and no, you will not need new dishes.

There is another bird to launched next year and no, you will not need new dishes.

Is sending up another sat. its only option of "reclaiming bandwith"?? Scott. If you can get the answer to that one, you do have more power than Yoda.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts