New satellite in fall?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trellaine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Vancouver
Sorry not sure where to ask this BUT I am having the 3lnb slimline installed next week but looking into the future and I read somewhere that a new sat will be launched in the fall.

Will this change where the programming will be located? In terms of 99/101/103?

Everyone with 3lnb should be ok?

Thanks

Last I saw there was a post to a FCC document that said it was going to 103.

trellaine,
If thats the case and I think it is as well, you will have to do nothing to your dish to get programming off the dish when it's needed. :)

Yah, good news to a soon to be newbie then. I just wanted to make sure I was getting the latest and also looking into the future.

Maybe a dumb question but will there be more HD added? Is that the plan?

Yah, good news to a soon to be newbie then. I just wanted to make sure I was getting the latest and also looking into the future.

Maybe a dumb question but will there be more HD added? Is that the plan?

The DirecTV exec's have been saying that D12 will allow for 50 more national HD channels. So hopefully they'll add a bunch but they've not said flat out that they WILL add 50 channels, but the expectation is that a bunch will be added.

There are already two satellites at 103, but there's still room for one more. How they will allocate the bandwidth remains to be seen (there are at least a few possibilities).

Is this the satellite that will make it possible to have internationals and all other programing with only one dish?

Not exactly. Directv has been removing the mpeg2 hd channels from 110, which is where the international channels are supposedly going, eliminating the need for the dish for 72.5.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts