New SC HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jackm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
I know there was some discussion of several new HD channels coming in October - has anyone heard the latest. I believe that some were going to be packaged together. Just wondering. Thanks:)

SRC HD, Discovery HD and A&E HD

I was on the *C website last night (Thanksgiving) because my DVR died the day of the HD Premiere of Doctor Who series 28 in North America.

Anyway, on the *C web site, they mention three new HD channels:

SRC HD (Not sure which one, probably my home city of Montréal) which is the French-language national network (equivalent to the CBC) which has unique French-language programming.

Discovery HD (Canada?) which is included in with the same package as Discovery Canada

A&E HD (Canada) which is included in the same package as A&E.

Although Discovery HD and A&E HD are generally included with their corresponding package, all three channels will be offered for free with the HD package through January.

Discocry HD

Where does it say that Discovery HD will be included if you have the "regular" Discovery? (

Discovery HD (Canada?) which is included in with the same package as Discovery Canada

A&E HD (Canada) which is included in the same package as A&E.

This is not correct. Starting in January Discovery HD, A&E HD, Showcase HD and National Geographic HD will be in a new HD Plus package at $4.99.

I would imagin that a subscription to Digital Favourites is required or you must have Primetime in order to get A&E and Showcase

I don't think there will be a linkage requirement for Discovery HD or National Geographic HD.

bigoranget said:
I don't think there will be a linkage requirement for Discovery HD or National Geographic HD.

Discovery HD Theatre is a Category 2 channel - which means that a sat/cable company can offer it anyway they chose to.

bigoranget said:
This is not correct. Starting in January Discovery HD, A&E HD, Showcase HD and National Geographic HD will be in a new HD Plus package at $4.99.

I would imagin that a subscription to Digital Favourites is required or you must have Primetime in order to get A&E and Showcase

Not worth $5 IMHO. I only watch Discovery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)