New Show Found...

NE8E

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
Mid Michigan
Has anyone else found "Ham Nation" yet? I just learned about this show last week, and it just gets better and better. The show features Leo Laporte, Bob Heil, Gordon "Gordo" West and many other HAMS and lots of cool trivia about famous HAMS. I'm trying to remember what last weeks question was... Oh yes, How is Buddy Holly connected to ham radio? That answer was "Peggy Sue". Peggy Sue - K5PSG, was his drummer, and she is a ham. You all remember the song "Peggy Sue" right? They have a "smoke and solder" segment... Anyway, you get the idea. Lots of good stuff and it's getting better every week.

I hope this doesn't sound like an advertisement. I just knew you guys would love this show as much as I do.

:D
Tonight and Tuesdays at 9pm Eastern, 6pm Pacific
Ham Nation | TWiT.TV

Bob Heil sold me my 2nd satellite tv receiver, way back in the late 80's and the big-dish heydey. My first one got zapped by a nearby lightning strike and burned up the receiver ps and the lna on the dish. I knew his name from his c-band satellite tv advertising, so I called him up. Got my homeowner insurance information, contacted the agent and explained the loss, worked out the replacement costs with them directly. Sent me a brand new Echosphere satellite receiver/descrambler (and no out of pocket costs !! ) Super Service from Heil Sound.

I never knew the name Heil was at all involved in any kind of satellite business! Wow!

Might've just been a sideline, it was still known as Heil Sound , but he appeared on a weekly satellite-talk show on c-band...a very personable fellow, glad to know he's still around.

Missed it last night but sounds interesting! Thanks for the info!

You can grab older episodes from their site, or if you have a box like a ROKU you can "add the channel." Last night's was probably not indicative of the show as a whole, but isn't it nice to have it being produced? Hopefully we'll see plenty of chat-room or other involvement from Satellite Guys. It would help our thread, and the show immensely! (not to mention getting Scott's site some good PR, too!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts