New shows coming to Me-TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well Saturday night was interesting. I like that they put The Rifleman and Hogan's Hero's in from 4-6pm, that gives me time to go do grocery shopping and probably get back in time for Batman. I can't say I'm crazy about all the shows but they are mostly fun to watch because of the cornball factor.

I'm not too happy though that they put Columbo on Sundays from 7-9pm, that directly interferes with my IRT Deadliest Roads which I will ALWAYS watch and record on the PC. I'm not going to mess around with the Openbox recording that show, it's my favorite.

So that means I have to buy a high grade dual C-band LNB so it can feed the PC and the Openbox at the same time. Then I can record Columbo on the Openbox while I watch IRT Deadliest Roads on the PC. I can watch the recording later when nothing is on AND take a copy over for my mom who absolutely LOVES Peter Falk as Columbo. They don't have C-band and likely won't get it so I want to do a little something for mom. If they would just put the Carol Burnett show on C-band mom would be ordering a BUD ~right now~ !!

I'm tickled pink with the Laurel and Hardy show on Sunday mornings! That's the kind of stuff I love! I really miss White Springs !
All in all, MeTV is doing an awesome job! :)

Well last night i was in heaven!Watched some shows that i loved when i was a kid.Started out with a double header of batman then lost in space,star trek then voyage to the bottom of the sea at midnight est.The only thing i dont care for is so many commercials!wonder how much is being cut out of the programs showing.

So that means I have to buy a high grade dual C-band LNB so it can feed the PC and the Openbox at the same time. Then I can record Columbo on the Openbox while I watch IRT Deadliest Roads on the PC. I can watch the recording later when nothing is on AND take a copy over for my mom who absolutely LOVES Peter Falk as Columbo. They don't have C-band and likely won't get it so I want to do a little something for mom. If they would just put the Carol Burnett show on C-band mom would be ordering a BUD ~right now~ !!

I bought THIS dual feed C Band LNBF from HMS, you may want to check it out. He's in the US, quality products and excellent service. I have purchased several items from him over the years and he always comes through.

I was on the verge of making this suggestion several times, but this is the first time you actually said that you wanted to watch one thing and record another at the same time, so here it is.

Photto

I forgot to mention that using the above LNBF, I have it connected to both the bedroom S9 and the living room non s2 receiver. It's on a stationary 10' dish and is aimed at the ONE C Band dish we enjoy in both rooms.

And it's only $29.95 with free shipping. If you order it from him, you'll have it by the end of THIS WEEK. End of problem, eh? :)

Photto

I bought THIS dual feed C Band LNBF from HMS, you may want to check it out. He's in the US, quality products and excellent service. I have purchased several items from him over the years and he always comes through.

I was on the verge of making this suggestion several times, but this is the first time you actually said that you wanted to watch one thing and record another at the same time, so here it is.

Photto

I forgot to mention that using the above LNBF, I have it connected to both the bedroom S9 and the living room non s2 receiver. It's on a stationary 10' dish and is aimed at the ONE C Band dish we enjoy in both rooms.

And it's only $29.95 with free shipping. If you order it from him, you'll have it by the end of THIS WEEK. End of problem, eh? :)

Photto

That is exactly what I want to do. :) Thank you!

I'll order one of those soon. Then I can take the LNB I'm using now on my 10' dish and use it to build a mini-bud.
My 10' dish, while it is motorized and I can move it, rarely, rarely ever moves. It really just sits on 87w all the time.
And with so much on 87, being able to feed two tuners at once, that would be a really good deal for me. :)

It's crazy all the things you can do with this stuff! :D

Thanks again! :)

Photto

I always had excellent service with HMS and shipping is very fast.

Some OTA news for us Twin Cities types: Me-TV is getting close:

Hubbard Broadcasting's KSTP-TV/5.1 (St. Paul) and KSTC-TV/45.1 (Minneapolis) made some channel changes Wednesday (Oct. 12), centralizing the operation's stations under the channel 5 umbrella....This TV moved from 45.2 to 5.4 and a promotional loop of Me-TV is showing on 5.3. KSTP broadcasts on channel 35 while KSTC is on 45, both remapping to 5. (10/12/2011)

Nice!

Last edited:
For being less than a year old, MeTV jumped in feet first with all guns blazing. Whoever is behind it, did it right. I just hope they keep on doing it right, I may not like 100% of their programming but I'm not complaining because they have waaaay too much good stuff on to compensate for the other. At least when the stuff comes on that I don't like it gives me a chance to tune in other channels for a bit.. ;)

MeTV is owned by Weigel. They have had MeTV in Chicago since 2005. So they've had a few years to get the kinks out

MeTV is owned by Weigel. They have had MeTV in Chicago since 2005. So they've had a few years to get the kinks out

Oooooooh.......... See, I didn't know that.
I had read on their webpage that they started in November of 2010. I guess I didn't understand the whole story behind it.

Irregardless, I :heart MeTV....

:)

They did go nationwide in Nov 2010 but have been in Chicago for 6+ years now and Milwaukee for 3 years. Weigel owns over the air networks in both markets

They did go nationwide in Nov 2010 but have been in Chicago for 6+ years now and Milwaukee for 3 years. Weigel owns over the air networks in both markets

Ah... I see now.. Thank you.. :)

Weigel sure seems to have their act together!

Best channel ever! :D

I enjoy the promos for MeTV where they find clips from the shows and weave them into the commercials. There's one with Mary Tyler Moore watching the Dick Van Dyke Show on TV and another with Bob Newhart and Mary being interviewed. A couple of other actors like Betty White, Ed Asner, Marion Ross made custom promos just for MeTV.

My favorite is the one with the Lost In Space robot saying "me me me".

I enjoy the promos for MeTV where they find clips from the shows and weave them into the commercials. There's one with Mary Tyler Moore watching the Dick Van Dyke Show on TV and another with Bob Newhart and Mary being interviewed. A couple of other actors like Betty White, Ed Asner, Marion Ross made custom promos just for MeTV.

My favorite is the one with the Lost In Space robot saying "me me me".

I can't explain this, at all, but one that makes me smile is the MTM commercial where Ed Asner is telling Ted that Chuckles the Clown is dead and it ends up with Ted on his newscast saying "A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants." :D

I don't know but that last line just kills me every time.. :haha

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)