Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larry1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Port Hope, ON Canada
Some new shows in the lineup for RTV.
http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/2011/02/17/49205/rtv-adds-more-classic-tv-to-its-lineup
Too bad they did not make it for the 2nd quarter. The article is old, but they have not yet shown up. Hopefully they will make it to the 3rd quarter.

•The Saint starring Roger Moore
•The Comedy Shop starring Norm Crosby
•Moving On starring Claude Akins
•Celebrity Bowling
•The New Zorro starring Duncan Regehr
•Route 66 starring Martin Milner

I thought that most of the Movin' On series was lost long time ago due to

deterioration of the film or not using safety film. :confused:

We finally got RTV OTA in the San Francisco Bay Area. I did a rescan and it showed up on KCNS 38.1.

oh to have those 2 channels available OTA :(

I read on a message board a while back about some stations dont want subchannels because they could take away their viewers from the main channel. I wonder if this theory could be correct. I would much rather watch MeTV or antennatv's schedule over lets say the CW. Interesting theory.

I read on a message board a while back about some stations dont want subchannels because they could take away their viewers from the main channel. I wonder if this theory could be correct. I would much rather watch MeTV or antennatv's schedule over lets say the CW. Interesting theory.

seems kinda far fetched. I would think those stations want folks tuning to one of their stations (be a subchannel or not). I dont know if the station can claim a viewer is watching (as example)
45-1 the main channel or
45-2 which here in Minneapolis is ThisTV
and count that as one entity

The issue I have is that some smaller markets have more (and better variety) of subchanel than a large market like Minneapolis. We have 3 "real" subchannels here
The Country Network and CoolTV (both on the CW...owned by Sinclair who is subchannel friendly) and ThisTV. We also have the Ion and TBN "mux" which is the same across the board.
When the stations are owned by large corporations (the network) its hard to get a subchannel on it. CBS is owned by them and they do not put any subchannels on O&O stations. Fox and My are owned by Fox and the only time they put subchannels on is to cross promote them. When Fox 9 went back to its analog # after the transition folks had issues. So they took the SD feeds of 9 & 29 and swapped them. So if folks have issues with 9 they can tune to 29 (which is at a full million watts) and get Fox in "box form" on 9-2. NBC is owned by Gannette (USA Today) so we have a dumb weather thing. The only hope is 5 which is owned by Hubbard (local company) but we have 24/7 reruns of news on 5-2 (they own 45 which has This TV). What really sucks is they own all the ABC's licensed in MN (3 main stations, 3 satellite stations) and in Duluth they carry RTV on the subchannel.

Sorry for the long rant but it bothers me when all these cool subchannels come out and Minneapolis can't ever get any of them :(

Rochester has not exactly been very fast in getting any of the good subchannels either. I sure wish I could get channel 45!

Wikipedia had shown Fox-47 was supposed to be adding RTN for a few years, but it never happened. Finally next week though they are adding ME-TV as a subchannel (47-2). ThisTV and Antenna TV would be a nice addition to pick up OTA here (but ME-TV is a step in the right direction).

Rochester has not exactly been very fast in getting any of the good subchannels either. I sure wish I could get channel 45!

with only the big 4 + PBS in the OTA market you're kinda limited too. 3 & 10 have My & CW on subchannels. 6 is Hubbard owned so they dont wanna add anything.

Sorry for the long rant but it bothers me when all these cool subchannels come out and Minneapolis can't ever get any of them :(

Ice,

You should move to South Bend In. area if you want OTA. I had my camper in Indiana Dunes State Pk last year. I could get 26 channels OTA with the bat wing antenna choice of Chicago, South Bend, Milwaukee, and Kalamazoo, all with out moving the antenna.

Here the Minneapolis DMA is huge so unless you live in the corners of the state you get Minneapolis locals. I can get Mankato OTA which is 70 miles away but all they have is CBS & Fox subchannel

Some of y'all are lucky being near 2 or 3 places with decent OTA

Hmmm ... maybe it aint so bad living in the desert here in NorthWestern Arizona. Mohave County in the Kingman area has several repeaters, and with the transition last year we picked up several channels, 3.2 THIS, 7.2 RTV, Sometimes I can see 13.1 ABC and 13.3 CoolTV out of Las Vegas 90 miles away but lots of mountains between here and there, CW is on a Phoenix local 61.1, two CBS channels an hour apart in programing, 5.1 from Phoenix and 8.1 from Las Vegas and no sub channels. We also get three THREE sub channels of weather and traffic, all from Phoenix. I am very glad to have these since I know which roads 250 miles away to stear clear of during rush hour.

Photto

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)