Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Has anyone tried the new SiriusXM 2.0 App for the iPhone/iPad yet?

I have and all I can say is WOW!

This could quite possibly be the best Internet Radio Based app released so far!

I like that when you tune to your favorite station the song starts playing from the beginning... plus I can jump back to other songs or show or even jump ahead to live.

Also on the talk shows the last few shows that aired can be heard as well.

Only let down of this app is I am a big listener to XM Extreme 165 and its not one of the channels available on the app, but other then that this app rocks!

I do have to say that for the first time in a while XM has done something good and worthy of praise.

I wish they had America's Talk on the APP as well. There are shows I like to listen to, such as Leo Leporte and Science Fantastic. I know I can tune into TWIT and ooTunes to listen to these programs. It is nice to beable to switch channels on the same APP.

I contacted ExtremeXM165 today about the new app and asked if we could hope to see Extreme 165 added to the new 2.0 version of the SiriusXM App and this is what I got back.

ExtremeXM165 Extreme Talk XM165
@SatGuyScott It would be, but that's not going to happen. Your best bet would be to get @iHeartRadio to stream it.

I posted about it when it when up on Saturday. -> http://www.satelliteguys.us/sirius-xm-radio/273546-siriusxm-radio-ios-app-updated.html#post2720308

It is an awesome update. I have a feeling that this is more of a preview of what the 2.0 radios will ultimately be like when they are connected to WiFi.

Extreme Talk is one of the stations owned by Clear Channel. So it unfortunately won't ever be part of the SiriusXM online streaming service. Clear Channel wants you to use the iHeartRadio app to stream all their stations online. I feel the same way about America's Talk which is the station Leo Laporte is on SiriusXM.

I am told it will be awhile for an Android version to come out. Problem is it works on some phones and dosent work on others. They need to make sure it works on 100% of the phones before its released.

When, oh when, will an official SiriusXM app be released for Windows Phone? I have tried, and liked, the 3rd party app Sat Rad Player, but there are a lot of channels that I like to listen to that are not available from the legacy stream that 3rd parties use, Cinemagic being the main one.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

When, oh when, will an official SiriusXM app be released for Windows Phone? I have tried, and liked, the 3rd party app Sat Rad Player, but there are a lot of channels that I like to listen to that are not available from the legacy stream that 3rd parties use, Cinemagic being the main one.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
Well I know these apps are not actually coming out of SiriusXM. They contract out development of the smartphone apps to another company called QuickPlay Media. It would depend on if that company has any resources to tap to make a Windows Phone app. I sent an e-mail off to them. Let's see if they respond.

This app was updated today:

• Faster Channel Changes
• Various Bug Fixes & Stability Improvements

I am experiencing a bug when I disconnected my Bluetooth headphones, playback would resume through the device's speaker. I hope they fixed it.

it is close to what I want----baseball in my car. I would prefer it throgh the built in Sirius system but this gives me a way to get there.

Got your 2.0 Android app right HERE!
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sirius

What's in this version:

1. • Start Now - Go back in time up to 5 hours to hear previously aired programming on most channels
  2. • TuneStart - Hear songs from the beginning when tuning to music channels
  3. • Pause - Pause and resume live programming
  4. • Fast Forward & Rewind - Skip forward and back on many channels
  5. • Show Alerts - Reminders when your favorite shows begin
  6. • Album Art & Artist Bios
  7. • Improved reliability & sound quality

How do you download SiriusXM on your Apple IPad so I can listen to it on the IPAD? Any link or special place I have to go on the IPad? Thanks for your help :)

All you have to do is press Apps on your iPad, then featured, then enter siriusxm internet radio. Down load the app, it's free. Of course you have to be a Sirius XM subscriber to listen to anything....

Thanks I have tried and it doesn't seem to come up but will try again and Thank you very much I appreciate it :) I have been a Sirius subscriber since they came out and am Lifetime Subsciber with 4 Lifetime Subscriptions :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)