New Slimline/Account Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
I have a Slimline (AKA the Monster as the CSR referred to it) and it only allows 4 lines as we all know. I thought I read that the newer models were going to include more lines or switches to help fix this limiting problem. Is there any truth to this?

Also, I may be moving into my girlfriend's apartment in the near future, which is a multi-family house where I believe they have D* , but they only have the 3-lnb, which of course is not acceptable for my needs. The owners have the dish, and my girlfriend does not have any feed from it as she does not watch television. Would it be possible to have two separate accounts using 1 dish for the whole house? My thought is that it may be easier to convince these people to install 1 slimline we both use as opposed to two. Also as it relates to the first question, I think we would both need more than 4 lines to share, especially since I have 2 DVRs.

There are single wire switches available, but run about $300.

You could get the basic switch that is a WB68, and can feed 8 tuners, so 4 dvrs or 8 basic receivers, or a combination there of. These are generally under $50.

You can use one dish for more than one account, if you want. Nothing wrong with that, the account ties to the receiver, not the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts