New Slimline Dish need to set up second receiver--HELP!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

perman10

Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
North Carolina
OK so I don't know what type of Slimeline dish that I have but it has four cables coming from it and only one is in use. The satellite service guy set up the HD DVR in my living room but I have an extra receiver (not HD or DVR) for the bedroom which was not hooked up. The cable that runs from the dish to my home is only connect to one port at the dish but contains two cables and what I assume is a ground wire. I tried connecting the second cable to another port on the dish and then hooking up my receiver but I get no signal. Do I need to purchase a whole new cable to run from the dish to my home or do I need one of those mutliswitches? I am at a loss.

If it helps with your response...the dish is a Slimline Integrated KA/KU LNB...so I assume that multiswitch is built-in so the 4 wires coming out can be connected to 4 different receivers.

If it helps with your response...the dish is a Slimline Integrated KA/KU LNB...so I assume that multiswitch is built-in so the 4 wires coming out can be connected to 4 different receivers.

Welcome to the site !!!

You are correct, you have 4 tuners available, remember, if you have a DVR, it's 2 tuners.
So, you have 1 regular recvr (1 tuner) and adding another reg. recvr., run a line from the LNB port to your recvr and your good to go. (btw, your coax from the dish SHOULD go to a Ground Block and then to the recvrs.)

Thanks

Welcome to the site !!!

You are correct, you have 4 tuners available, remember, if you have a DVR, it's 2 tuners.
So, you have 1 regular recvr (1 tuner) and adding another reg. recvr., run a line from the LNB port to your recvr and your good to go. (btw, your coax from the dish SHOULD go to a Ground Block and then to the recvrs.)

That is exactly how I set it up but I still can't get a signal. Maybe the terminal ends of my wires are not on correctly. I called the direct TV people for a service call instead. They will only charge $50 and will do the wall installation too. I am 4 months pregnant and not in the mood for drilling holes and crawling on the ground

That is exactly how I set it up but I still can't get a signal. Maybe the terminal ends of my wires are not on correctly. I called the direct TV people for a service call instead. They will only charge $50 and will do the wall installation too. I am 4 months pregnant and not in the mood for drilling holes and crawling on the ground

Good Call !!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts