New Slimline, HR 10- 250 HD receiver????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ttugboatgreg

Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
I am new to this so bear with me. Today I installed a new Slimline dish. It is hooked up to HR10-250 HD DVR one of the first HD receivers I think. Anyways, I managed to pick up a signal on three Sat. 101 A 95, 119 B 75, 110 c 93.

My question is how do I pick up more HD channels?? After installing the Sat I pick up only 10 or so HD channels. I really do not want to buy a $200 receiver. I have heard of a B line converter. would that solve my problem????

thanks

WELCOME!

You need an MPEG4 capable receiver along with the 5 LNB dish to receive all the new HD channels. The B-band converters work only with those MPEG4 receivers as well. So adding them to a SlimLine dish & MPEG2 receiver setup will not accomplish anything.

You can get into a MPEG4 unit for far less than $200 too. In fact, how long have you been a DirecTV customer? You likely could have got the dish and MPEG4 receiver simply for the cost of them to FedEx it to you. I have heard some FREE, and many at $19 - $49 depending.

I got two HR20's free since January. My HR10-250 appeared to die while I was out of town on business in January. A DirecTV tech walked my wife through a checklist of things to try on it, but nothing seemed to work, so they sent us the first one, an HR20-100. I unplugged the HR10-250 and plugged it back in after a few minutes and it came back to life, so I replaced the D-10 in the master bedroom with it. A couple weeks ago DirecTV called and wanted to upgrade the HR10-250 with an HR20 and replace our Phase III dish with an AU9. My wife talked to them and scheduled the install (she didn't really know what the D* CSR was talking about). We already had an AU9 dish (we had a phase III dish at our old house two years ago, so I guess D* didn't update their records since then). Anyway, the installer came out and put an HR20-700 in the master bedroom. We own the HR10-250, so I guess I will move it to the guest bedroom so I can watch all the recordings on it.

As they have posted, you will need to upgrade the receiver to get the extra channels.

I got similar Problem with my hr10-250

I'm in love with my two HR10-250 DVRs and the most appreciate features is the one that allows me to pause two channels on the same time without to have to record. No newer DVR came with this feature, so I want it to keep it so long as I can. Now my question… I installed a phase 3 directv dish and the only HD channel I’m receiving is the Hdnet (79 in Miami area) Can somebody tell me what is going on here? I know most HD channels are on mpg4, but I will be please to receive some in any HD. sincerelly musiducto

You should also be able to receive ESPN (73), ESPN2 (72) HD Theater (76) and TNT (75). There are a few others (HD Net Movies, Universal HD) which require the HD Extra Pack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts