new Slimline install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BobbyZ

Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
great white north
Hi guys, new here and will be attempting my first 5 lnb slimline install this weekend. I watched some of the videos from Solidsignal and read through the install pdf and think I can muddle my way through it. This may be a dumb question but, they say to connect the rg6 cables to the lnb's before aligning the pan but if I do that, how do you connect the Acutrack in line meter to help peak the signal ? I guess I could install 2 - 6 foot lengths of rg6 (for HR22) to the lnb's and use joiner's (those male to male adapters) to connect to the main feed after the alignment is done. Is there a better way to do this ? I thought it would be better not to have a joint in the line ie a direct cable run from the ird to lnb's.
Thanks

Hi guys, new here and will be attempting my first 5 lnb slimline install this weekend. I watched some of the videos from Solidsignal and read through the install pdf and think I can muddle my way through it. This may be a dumb question but, they say to connect the rg6 cables to the lnb's before aligning the pan but if I do that, how do you connect the Acutrack in line meter to help peak the signal ? I guess I could install 2 - 6 foot lengths of rg6 (for HR22) to the lnb's and use joiner's (those male to male adapters) to connect to the main feed after the alignment is done. Is there a better way to do this ? I thought it would be better not to have a joint in the line ie a direct cable run from the ird to lnb's.
Thanks

You answered your own question .... If you want you can run off enough cable to make it to the Ground block and then you won't waist a connection.

Almost forgot ... Welcome to the site !!!

Jimbo

Slimlines come with a short jumper cable. My installer connected three cables to the LNB and the jumper to the fourth connector. He attached the jumper to his meter and after aligning used a barrel connector to attach the fourth main cable to the jumper.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)