New Software Causing Major Issues!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

undy

Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
United States
Hello Everyone,
My Hopper 2k is unusable since the recent software update to S334. On the 22nd at 2:00am is when I received the update and since then I have no response from my remote or front panel buttons (except the reset button). If I continually press the same button about 10-15 times it will eventually register, however if that is a channel up or down the hopper gets stuck in an infinite loop of changing channels. Now with the front panel buttons acting the same way, I knew it had to be the update and not a bad remote, but I went ahead and manually unlinked it from the Hopper and linked it to a Joey, which worked fine. The 2 joey's I have work perfect and recordings and everything seem to be functioning, but like I said the Hopper is unusable. I have read at least one other persons post over at Dish.com with the same exact problem but he had no help yet. I am unable to try Factory Default because I can not even bring up let alone navigate the menu. Many soft resets and a few hard resets have resulted in the same issue. Any advice?

This is probably the stupidest thing I ever posted but you mentioned a Hopper 2K and said S334 which is the update for the HWS. Surely that didn't happen.

Hmm, Now I am second guessing the actual number and now I can't check it again because I manually unlinked the remote, front panel buttons do not work at all. I do know it was updated on the 22nd regardless, which is when the problem started.

Contact DIRT.
I was not looking to contact DIRT just yet as I do not want to deal with a replacement hopper, protection plan, etc. I was just checking to see if anyone else was having this issue. I may just end up moving it to the guest room and bringing the Joey out and hope the next software resolves the issue.

Hmm, Now I am second guessing the actual number and now I can't check it again because I manually unlinked the remote, front panel buttons do not work at all. I do know it was updated on the 22nd regardless, which is when the problem started.

I am pretty sure S334 for HWS first day was the 23rd. Where are you seeing the 22nd?

Swapping H/J locations will require the cabling setup to be changed as well. Unless you know what's what I wouldn't recommend altering it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)