HELP with 722 installation!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dnelson252

Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
PA
I have a Dish 500 that I am hooking up to a VIP722. I had a legacy receiver before and only had 1 cable to the receiver. I have that one cable installed in the SATALLITE 1 input on the rear of the receiver. I get all 110 satellite channels but only about half of the 119 channels....why?? There was a separator that I did not use...do I need to use that?? Please help!!

I think you need a separator attached to the receiver end and then attach the outs into input 1 and input 2...

Go into the menu. Then press 6 then 1 and 1 again. From there check switch this will show you what satellites your receiver can pick up.

If it is a dish pro with nothing else between the lnb and the receiver you ideally need two lines to your receiver, one for each tuner, but only having one cable wouldn't stop you from seeing channels, just one of the tuners won't work. You would only use a separator with a dish pro plus (dp plus) lnb

if you can see any of the 119 channels I would suspect bad lnb or at least dish needs repeaked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

When you are saying you are missing half are you meaning the hd channels? The hds mainly come in on 129 on the western arc so you may want to just get a 1000.2 dish kit.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ok...2 coax coming out of the dish...one for 110 and one for 119. Put both coax in the receiver inputs...one for Sat1 and one for Sat2. I still do not get the channels. I go from 103 to 109 to 111 to 113 to 115, etc. I really don't know why...or what I am doing wrong.

Try this. Unplug all antenna cables; run the switch test; save results (which obviously will be no sats); reconnect both cables; run switch test again; save result. You should get both 110/119 on both tuners.

But... How is it possible that you had a legacy receiver with a DishPro twin LNB? They can't even talk to one another without a DP adapter.

Ok...2 coax coming out of the dish...one for 110 and one for 119. Put both coax in the receiver inputs...one for Sat1 and one for Sat2. I still do not get the channels. I go from 103 to 109 to 111 to 113 to 115, etc. I really don't know why...or what I am doing wrong.

I'm not an expert on the outside stuff, but I am 99% sure I see the problem. If you have an older dish, with a 110 and 119 output, you have to use a switch after that. I think, normally, you would have a switch downstream from the dish, the cable from 110 and 119 both connect, with an output (or in this case, outputs) that run to the receiver.

There are some great people on this board that have done complex self-installs, who should be able to offer more info. But you can't run a line from 110 and a line from 119 straight to the back of a receiver like yours. The 119 and 110 have to be combined using a switch, then split out again.

Folks...would the original poster need to use a DP34, for example, to combine 119 and 110, and then run two outputs from the switch to the two SAT IN ports?

Try this. Unplug all antenna cables; run the switch test; save results (which obviously will be no sats); reconnect both cables; run switch test again; save result. You should get both 110/119 on both tuners.

But... How is it possible that you had a legacy receiver with a DishPro twin LNB? They can't even talk to one another without a DP adapter.

A ha...pretty sure we were on the same path with this. Cust would need something like a DP34 (or different DP switch), and run two outputs from that switch to the receiver, right? The switch combines 119/110, then sends it back out to multiple output cables.

Okay man I know you're a customer with dish so do you have the protection plan? Sure you bought a receiver that's not a problem. Have dish create a work order just saying you are having issues with your dish and they will more then likely put you up a new dish. A 1000.2 that would not only work but also give you hd on your receiver. It's going to be worth whatever small amount dish asks to send a tech out to save you the headache.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Cust would need something like a DP34 (or different DP switch), and run two outputs from that switch to the receiver, right?

I claim that all DP and DPP receivers can handle legacy switchgear. (And there is a built-in switch inside the twin.) Also you can't plug in legacy LNBs into a DP34, if that's what the OP has. (He stated DP twin, which should work with a DP34 but is unnecessary.)

Remember the antenna was working before with his legacy receiver. Agree with Enraged newb. If the OP comes back after my suggested tests above, and still can't get his 722 to see both sats on both tuners with two cables, I suspect a defective 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)