New Software Coming -x21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Interesting. Did you ever get that receiver to work in the states?

I bought a Bell Expressvu equivalent to the 111 because it had the usual compliment of output jacks on the back and not just the modulated output the 111 had. I erroneously thought I could put it in the Dish stream and have it automatically convert itself to a usable 111. That didn't happen. :(
Dish won't or are unable to activate Bell Receivers the R# won't be in Dish's system. Same with Bell trying to convert a Dish Receiver.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Dish won't or are unable to activate Bell Receivers the R# won't be in Dish's system. Same with Bell trying to convert a Dish Receiver.
True, but if you connect them to the Dish satellites, they would still be able to tune any channels that are free and in the clear, such as the Dish 101 info channel. I assume DVR models would also still work to play existing recordings. The same holds true for Dish receivers connected to the Bell satellites.

Anyone else having problem with DVR specifically skipping head just for it freeze up on black screen. it been doing this past few builds, i generally have to exit out to live to to fix it.

Also Netflix still only does PCM with optical out so there is no DD there, DD works fine with optical out with dish channels and Amazon prime video with AVR , but prime has own issue, I can general only watch 1 video before it give server error, and I have to exit app

Will I need an installer or can I install the plus myself? I currently have an HWS, one Joey 3 and a wireless Joey. I assume they'll be initially only offering this to users with an H3.
No, H2 and H3. You'll need an installer. Your Joeys will need to be upgraded

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's not trying to
Sure it is... they are trying to get you to use one of these (and DISH) instead of using an external box. They want to give you the best of everything in one box. Without Dolby Atmos or Dolby Vision it misses that mark.

But the big question is because some power users, who actually uses those things?

Will I need an installer or can I install the plus myself? I currently have an HWS, one Joey 3 and a wireless Joey. I assume they'll be initially only offering this to users with an H3.
No, H2 and H3.
I had assumed that was the reason for the delay (originally announced as a July release). They wanted to make sure these would work with Hopper 2 before doing a mass deployment.

Sure it is... they are trying to get you to use one of these (and DISH) instead of using an external box.
And they are doing so... by providing an external box. :biggrin

They want to give you the best of everything in one box.
Sure, for the Joey locations it works out that way. It still means an extra box installed at the Hopper location, though. Next step is to finally build the Hopper+ functionality into a new Hopper.

Not sure if this is related to H322 but I just received a pop up box 5hat said “Something is not quite right” error code 512c. Saidsomething about my receiver had not been rebooted in awhile and gave me a 45 sec warning that it was going to reboot itself. After a few minutes it came back up and I notice no changes from how it was operating. In all my years with DISH I have never seen this pop up before. Currently running H3 H322 Since 8/8/22

Why would I need an installer? I assume the Plus will simply be plugged into one of the Hopper's USB ports. And the Joey's will be a direct swap. Right?
There's a little more to it than that. The HDMI cable going to your TV would also be moved from the Hopper to the Plus. Those of us here who have read about the Plus know that, but Dish may not trust the average customer to figure that out. Someone reported awhile back (in one of the Hopper+ test markets) that an installer tried two different Hopper+'s, and couldn't get either one of them to work properly. So, Dish wants an installer there just to make sure the equipment is actually working smoothly, and also to be able to provide a replacement for any defective equipment if necessary.

Why would I need an installer? I assume the Plus will simply be plugged into one of the Hopper's USB ports. And the Joey's will be a direct swap. Right?
No the Android OS Software has to be downloaded to your Hopper. There's a key combo on the remote you use on a certain screen to trigger the download.Just plugging the Plus in isn't going to do it. The Hopper and Joeys need to be on the newest Software versions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)