New software downloading on my 811 now!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ok, got P266 update. Did quick check with svideo. "Dark Video" problem much better. Need to readjust the TV controls again to really check PQ.

Side by side with my 510, the s-video may be better. It (811) is still darker than the 510. It may not be as dark as before, but it still is darker than the 510.

Wow. I had a weird feeling this morning that I should power down my 811 before leaving for work, just in case. I must be psychotic. Oh wait. I mean psychic. :shocked

Has anybody tried going from OTA to the EPG, or channel recall from OTA to Sat, and vice versa? Is there really a difference in PQ?

Maybe this update was only for Sirius support, and the dark issue will be addressed next week, with another one in mid-June?

Finally, is it called P266?

My guide is full of information out to Saturday morning. Even accessible from OTA viewing! I'll leave it on OTA for a while and see if the guide mucks up.

It's hard to compare to before, but Alaska on HBO looks nice. I'd have to watch some taped HD stuff on DHDT or HDnet. My first impression from the S-video and composite is that they are brighter, but still darker than the 510.

gpflepsen said:
It's hard to compare to before, but Alaska on HBO looks nice. I'd have to watch some taped HD stuff on DHDT or HDnet. My first impression from the S-video and composite is that they are brighter, but still darker than the 510.
Is it watchable now?

I was on the phone with dish when I saw this post , so I asked about the update. They transfered me to advance tech support. I was told that it fixes the dark video problem. I asked if it was on all outputs and he said and I quote "My experience with the 811 is that all outputs are darker than it should be. This software should solve that problem on all outputs." Also he said the OTA lock problems should be fixed as well as the acquiring sat. sig. after watching it for a while. And the guide problems should be solved.

Did I understand that you have guide data on the OTA channels as well, or where you speaking of after watching you can access the guide?

I can access the guide after watching OTA. The info is for the usual satellite channels, not OTA. FWIW, I don't ever expect info to be available on the locals in the guide.

The s-video is surely watchable. Like I said, it may be better than before, but it is still darker than the 510 I have. Just a bit darker.

I don't understand why DISH can't get the OTA guide to work properly?
If a HD receiver you buy from the store can display OTA guide, why can't DISH?

maybe they want everyone to susbscribe to locals.

I just walked in the door. My 811 is dead. I was in town and we had a prety bad thunderstorm sneak up. So far the 811 is the only thing affected. I tried unplugging it for 10 minutes and Powerbutton resetting it. It is lifeless. :(

All my clocks are blinking so I am thinking a surge got it.

At least the 921 is ok. Whew...

Time to call E* CSR's and play the roulette game.

Your homeowners insurance will also cover lightning or power surges. I see alot of it after storms in my comp. store.

I don't expect the info to show for OTA either. THat is why I asked, I would have been in shock. Well now maybe my wife will stop gripping about this stupid thing I talked her into letting me buy. :D :D :D

My PQ is better on SD and is much much lighter than before. I am pleased with the 'fixes' in 266. I have locals on Super Dish so I can't comment on the OTA situations.

GaryPen said:
Wow. I had a weird feeling this morning that I should power down my 811 before leaving for work, just in case. I must be psychotic. Oh wait. I mean psychic. :shocked

The same thing happened to me this morning Gary. But the strange thing is I don't even own a 811... Weird...

The first attachment 811(265)-510 is an older picture.

The last three are comparing the composite outputs of the 811 w/ P266 and the 510.

You can decide if the image is brighter than before. I think it has been improved, but it is still darker than the 510.

The guide so far has to be the biggest pleasure for me, so far.

Attachments

• 811(265)-510.jpg
    811(265)-510.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 633
  • DSCF0452.JPG
    DSCF0452.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 342
  • DSCF0455.JPG
    DSCF0455.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 327
  • DSCF0450.JPG
    DSCF0450.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 308

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)