New Software for Genie out - 0x744

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK, 736 was on one of the little receivers. Checked the Genie this morning and the software is 740. Guess I am still waiting. :)

got it today, still had the video "shaking" issues, changing channels or playing a recorded shows seems to correct it. have not had the audio drop out that i was having before, but only watched about 20 mins of tv

seems to be running OK but I did lose my "My Directv" thingy...already did a RBR and nothing

oh well

I do the menu reset twice in the 30 minute window after any update just to flush the guide data and all and let it rebuild. Just CYA.

Just checked and I got the update Tuesday. I haven't noticed any difference, so far, but I wasn't having problems before, either. Anything in particular I should look for?

The only problem I had, was on this past Sunday, that my HR-44 lost Internet com, and ended up ditching the Deca, and going direct to the HR-44 with a Ethernet line, and using a OpenDNS IP as the DNS server, vs. the gateway IP for the U-Verse RG. Have not had any problems after that.

Now if they can only fix the issue with the Dolby Digital, that it does not work, when turning it on, and then going from a tv or soundbar for sound output, then turning on a Surround Sound receiver for Surround sound, you lose all audio feed, and have to either swap the input on the AV Receiver to something else and back to the DVR to get DD back, or shutting down the equipment and turning it back on to get DD.

I've had 0746 on my HR44/200 since Tuesday. I read somewhere there's a wireless problem with the /200 series. Maybe this fixes it? I use a hard-wired Ethernet connection on mine.

I've had 0746 on my HR44/200 since Tuesday. I read somewhere there's a wireless problem with the /200 series. Maybe this fixes it?
Ditto. Just checked, and confirmed 746 loaded 10/29. Haven't tried to restore the wifi yet.

Scratch that. Wifi is working again automatically.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts