New Software found (01BE)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Where do I get information on what components I need to install the internet to my HR20-100?

I forced the update this morning because I did not get it last night. Saw the screen come up and say new software found. Watched it download but software does not show up in the menu. Still shows old version from 7/30. Did this twice but still no luck. Any ideas? Thanks

Hmm... I figured that was the reason why the stupid annoying blue light in the middle was back on.
Yup. Besides being annoying, that's the best reason for turning that light ring off. You always know when you got a new s/w update!

Got 0x1B Tues at 3am and DoD was up and working for us Tuesday after work!

Hmm... I figured that was the reason why the stupid annoying blue light in the middle was back on.

My wife hates it too. I leave the house at 4:30am and I like it. It's enough light to help guide me through the living room and whatever booby trap my kids have set out.

Last edited:
It has to be connected to a broadband Internet connection to work. After that, it is all plug-and-play.

I don't see why we can't get some things without broadband.

It sure as hell knows how to send all those crappy showcases down to me without high speed internet, why not some SD VOD??

True, but the showcases are all canned. You have no selection of what is to be downloaded. The internet is used for the two-way communication needed for the user to select what they want to watch. There could be a way to select the show, by telephone, and have it sent via sat. I think I read somewhere that some VOD content may be sent via sat.

They make great night lights for the 3am bathroom call......
For the DOD to work, you have to have the HR20's connected to the internet. Either wireless or hardwired. The H20's do not record and you have no place to download the movies to.

HR20-700 Downloaded new Version this morning

I hit the On button on the remote to my networked HR20-700 this morning and nothing happened. I hit the Power button on the receiver front, still nothing. Finally I had to unplug, replug and hit power again, then it fired up saying New Software Found and went thru the motions. It goes to the reboot part and never comes back up like it always does for some reason, so I always have to hit Red Reset and it finally completes. Software is now ver-0x1be. I had a CE version before this so I already had VOD, hide SD channels, etc.. Lately I was having issues of lockups, horrible picture quality sometimes on both SD and HD channels, signal meters are all in the upper 90's, even have a few readings at 100 on some transponders. Hope this ver helps those mentioned issues. I bet Directv phones rang off the hook today, I cannot be the only one with these issues.
All works SO FAR on new ver that I have tested except 1 OTA HD CBS channel, it freaked out all day with loss of signal, and minutes of black screens, not sure whats up with that.

I Wonder, if some of our problems happen when D* is about to send a new update. I have not had the Black screen thing, but audio glitches from time to time (also the CID doesn't work again,it did in the last update though).
I am going to try to see if this has any relavence to the issues next time I see it start happening.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)