New Software: Hopper Duo (U990), Hopper 1 (....), Hopper 2 (....), Hopper 3 (....), Wally (....)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So, I have a strange situation going on with my hopper 3. I had dish move me about a month ago, everything was fine. I told him I was having a new roof put on and he said they would have to come out and realign the dish, which was fine.

I had the roof put on, roofers put dish back up but of course not properly aligned. In the meantime, I could still watch stuff in my DVR & external drive whilst waiting for tech to come and fix it. That stopped a couple days ago with my dvr just went gone, my dver says "Features requiring the use of the hard drive are currently unavailable", it also says my my dver is 100% full, which is not accurate at all, it's under 20% full).

Today, when the tech came and realigned my dish, I have TV now, but the dvr still won't work. He told me that he looked it up & I wasn't the only one having this problem and it's because I now need to wait for a software update. So, I'm reading here that the hopper was updated to U936 and when I look into my receiver, it says the software version I have is U935.

So, I'm wondering if I should try and force an update using whatever secret way you all are talking about or just wait? It's really annoying as I can't pause, I can't record and most importantly, I can't see any of my recordings anywhere.

Advice would be greatly appreciated!

So, I have a strange situation going on with my hopper 3. I had dish move me about a month ago, everything was fine. I told him I was having a new roof put on and he said they would have to come out and realign the dish, which was fine.

I had the roof put on, roofers put dish back up but of course not properly aligned. In the meantime, I could still watch stuff in my DVR & external drive whilst waiting for tech to come and fix it. That stopped a couple days ago with my dvr just went gone, my dver says "Features requiring the use of the hard drive are currently unavailable", it also says my my dver is 100% full, which is not accurate at all, it's under 20% full).

Today, when the tech came and realigned my dish, I have TV now, but the dvr still won't work. He told me that he looked it up & I wasn't the only one having this problem and it's because I now need to wait for a software update. So, I'm reading here that the hopper was updated to U936 and when I look into my receiver, it says the software version I have is U935.

So, I'm wondering if I should try and force an update using whatever secret way you all are talking about or just wait? It's really annoying as I can't pause, I can't record and most importantly, I can't see any of my recordings anywhere.

Advice would be greatly appreciated!
It takes between 30 -45 mins for the update and if you touch the remote "thinking" it is finished and it isn't, it wont take. I would update it tonight as you go to bed this way no one will touch the remote. Go to Diagnostics > Tools and select the option to Upgrade Software.

I forcing the update to see if it fixes the issue where I rewind a DVR and instead of rewinding it fast forward, for while now I have had this happen on dvr, I also have issue with crazy amount of pixalating on my 4k Joey some week are fine other are on clear days and not cloud in the sky and just pixelates and or video just jumps, comet tv is one worse in the regard. but comet tv , comedy channel, syfy even seen some of 300+ channels do it, and it random some days it fine others it not, and the 2 tech that came out to align my dish said it as good as it gona get.

Maybe my issue with pixalating is this "joey pixalating issue"

Reactions: dweber
I forcing the update to see if it fixes the issue where I rewind a DVR and instead of rewinding it fast forward, for while now I have had this happen on dvr, I also have issue with crazy amount of pixalating on my 4k Joey some week are fine other are on clear days and not cloud in the sky and just pixelates and or video just jumps, comet tv is one worse in the regard. but comet tv , comedy channel, syfy even seen some of 300+ channels do it, and it random some days it fine others it not, and the 2 tech that came out to align my dish said it as good as it gona get.

Maybe my issue with pixalating is this "joey pixalating issue"
According to post #27 in this thread, this update is supposed to fix the pixelating issue.....

Reactions: pattykay
According to post #27 in this thread, this update is supposed to fix the pixelating issue.....

must of missed that cause I see nothing about that in post 27 and post 18 mention 1. Misc Fixes in responce " Maybe one of the Tech's can post the release notes. They were supposed to fix the Joey pixelation problem. "

either way gona see if that was my issue I been have for almost year or if it some other issue that was causing the pixelating and video jumping i been have on multiple channels on sun and clear skys days seeing it was random to begin with. it was especial bad on comet tv but I think dish just caught on to there being problem with the feed, cause "hd" channel is now squezze picture" and since that happen the channel been fine

I am happy to say I do beleive the issue where "rewind" would actual "fast-forward" in random recording seem to off been fixed, I had one recording where no matter how many time I went from recording back to live an back in to recording no mater how many time I hit "rewind" it would "fast-forward" after the update the recording actual rewind correctly. gona keep eye on future recording to make sure

They put out notes last night

Beginning 10/30, software updates are available for all DISH receiver models. These updates will be automatically pushed to customer’s receivers over the next several weeks, but may be manually downloaded as necessary. With these software updates come several improvements:

All Hopper family receivers will see improvements with Nest Hello Doorbell integration. Hoppers 2 and 3 will have expanded Nest integration capabilities, including the ability to view live camera feeds from the new Nest Stream app. These features will also be available on all connected Joeys.

Fixes will also be implemented for all receiver models. Customers should no longer experience pixelation primarily caused by the OTA, and Wally fixes should help prevent the tuner from getting stuck on zero and allow signal to acquire properly.
must of missed that cause I see nothing about that in post 27 and post 18 mention 1. Misc Fixes in responce " Maybe one of the Tech's can post the release notes. They were supposed to fix the Joey pixelation problem. "

either way gona see if that was my issue I been have for almost year or if it some other issue that was causing the pixelating and video jumping i been have on multiple channels on sun and clear skys days seeing it was random to begin with. it was especial bad on comet tv but I think dish just caught on to there being problem with the feed, cause "hd" channel is now squezze picture" and since that happen the channel been fine

I am happy to say I do beleive the issue where "rewind" would actual "fast-forward" in random recording seem to off been fixed, I had one recording where no matter how many time I went from recording back to live an back in to recording no mater how many time I hit "rewind" it would "fast-forward" after the update the recording actual rewind correctly. gona keep eye on future recording to make sure
It's there in post 27 just as advertised! ;)

It's there in post 27 just as advertised! ;)
True. However, to be fair, post 27 did not specifically say that the fix was for the Joeys. So, you had to already be familiar with the issue and kind of "read between the lines" to know that the Joey problem was what was being referenced there. Also, post 18 was a sarcastic reference to a previous software version's "Release Notes" where that was all the information we got. Apparently, tsunami2311 took that post 18 seriously, and did not get the joke. ;)

Reactions: TheKrell
True. However, to be fair, post 27 did not specifically say that the fix was for the Joeys. So, you had to already be familiar with the issue and kind of "read between the lines" to know that the Joey problem was what was being referenced there. Also, post 18 was a sarcastic reference to a previous software version's "Release Notes" where that was all the information we got. Apparently, tsunami2311 took that post 18 seriously, and did not get the joke. ;)
I have always thought the pixellation problem was with the Hopper, not the Joeys, since the solution was always to reboot the Hopper. Rebooting the Joeys did nothing for the pixellation problem. Of course U936 comes along with U582 for the J3.

I have always thought the pixellation problem was with the Hopper, not the Joeys, since the solution was always to reboot the Hopper. ...
True, but the problem was always happening on the Joeys, not the Hopper. (I seem to remember someone posting about seeing it happen on a Hopper Duo. However, after I pointed that out, that poster never got back to that thread to confirm that.)

... Of course U936 comes along with U582 for the J3.
Yes. I would just like to point out that HipKat's chart in post 34 lists the Joey 3 version as U581. It actually is U582, as you just posted, and as I posted in my original post. :)

True, but the problem was always happening on the Joeys, not the Hopper. (I seem to remember someone posting about seeing it happen on a Hopper Duo. However, after I pointed that out, that poster never got back to that thread to confirm that.)

Yes. I would just like to point out that HipKat's chart in post 34 lists the Joey 3 version as U581. It actually is U582, as you just posted, and as I posted in my original post. :)
Dish must have not had that updated yet when I copied it or they put the wrong number

Dish must have not had that updated yet when I copied it or they put the wrong number
I assumed as much. I was not blaming you. I was just pointing out the discrepancy. That may help avoid any confusion here, and it may point out the error to anyone at Dish who is reading this, so they can get their list corrected. :)

yeah only thing fixed for me the rewind button acting like fast foward.. which really annoying, the issue with skippy jump pixalating video really only bother me on comet tv cause horrible bad on that channel most other channels do it rarely and it sure dont make it unwatchable

and I aware of 18 post being sarcastic my point was it was never said to be offical fixed anyware

"Misc fix" might as well be not listed cause we dont know what really fixed till find out or selfs

yeah only thing fixed for me the rewind button acting like fast foward.. which really annoying, the issue with skippy jump pixalating video really only bother me on comet tv cause horrible bad on that channel most other channels do it rarely and it sure dont make it unwatchable

and I aware of 18 post being sarcastic my point was it was never said to be offical fixed anyware

"Misc fix" might as well be not listed cause we dont know what really fixed till find out or selfs

Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
I for one will be pleased to see the trick play fixed on H3. Drives the wife insane. Hit the skip back button 5 or 6 times only to have the program back up a second or two. No pixilation problems here though. Yet to take the update here I normally wait until it comes on its own. Usually people watching TV until after I go to bed. Don't want to interrupt the Missus' Hallmark movies you know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)