New Software: Hopper Duo (U990), Hopper 1 (....), Hopper 2 (....), Hopper 3 (....), Wally (....)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If any Dish employees are listening, the 15X and 60X fast forward are useless because they are too fast to use for search and especially the 15X is too slow to use to jump to certain parts of a recording. PLEASE return the 4X fast forward and replace the 15X with the 4X. Give us a fast forward that us useful fir searching and one that is good for quickly skipping to other parts of a recording. It shouldn't be that difficult to make this small change.

Hopper 3 updated to H305 today. The list of Available Joey Software versions shows:

W152
W206
J205
J405
J505

Hopper 3 does not support some of the older models of Joey, so this is a shorter list than I had been used to seeing on my old Hopper Duo. I assume that other models also updated to a new "05" version, to replace the "01" version from the previous release.

H305 downloaded last night...timer creation is all screwed up now. Program descriptions are only for current programming and everything else says "no info available". Every timer is now a manual one (called "custom")...have unplugged/rebooted the H3 and re-downloaded the guide...no change.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
H305 downloaded last night...timer creation is all screwed up now. Program descriptions are only for current programming and everything else says "no info available". Every timer is now a manual one (called "custom")...have unplugged/rebooted the H3 and re-downloaded the guide...no change.
Update: It also changed the adjust screen in TV settings to default from my custom setting from when I first got my H3. Timers are so screwed up that, for example, if you set up a recording for Dances With Wolves next Friday on Epix it creates a manual timer with incorrect times and shows up in the timer menu as 380 EPIX, 6:30-10:30 PM. I'm also running into not being able to create timers at all...I tried to record my local news tonight and it told me a timer already existed and only gave me the option to delete it but it doesn't exist in the timer list.

SMH

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Update: It also changed the adjust screen in TV settings to default from my custom setting from when I first got my H3. Timers are so screwed up that, for example, if you set up a recording for Dances With Wolves next Friday on Epix it creates a manual timer with incorrect times and shows up in the timer menu as 380 EPIX, 6:30-10:30 PM. I'm also running into not being able to create timers at all...I tried to record my local news tonight and it told me a timer already existed and only gave me the option to delete it but it doesn't exist in the timer list.

SMH
You may want to check today. It seems that the H305 update has been pulled back as of last night. I'm back on H301.

I think everybody who saw the rollbacks has some combination of Hopper and Joey. Did the Wally (crodrule's sister) get rolled back as well?
She got the W501 last night without doing anything. About a half-hour ago, I walked her through the process of forcing a manual update, and it started downloading. As soon as the download looked like it was finished, the Wally went into Boot Recovery mode! So, after waiting for that download to complete, the Wally screensaver came back up normally. She turned the Wally back on and checked the version again. She now has W501 with a fresh download listed with today's date. Checking the Update Software tool again, it now says that she already has the latest version, W501.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Perhaps this whole rollout/rollback was just a trick, to make everybody think that they actually got new software. Now we can't look at the date listed on the Diagnostics screen and go "Hey, Dish hasn't had any new software releases in over two months!"

Nah, it was a back out of a software update. Nothing more, nothing less….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just forced the update on one of my H3s. I'm bored. It went through the whole update process with the download pane, progress bar and the don't disturb, as if it's not already very, message, only to end up as if nothing was done. Still have the H301 version with the March 2021 installation date.

Was this just a false pacification exercise for me pressing the button? I'll have to discuss this with my therapist.

(Yup, no changes. Still major break up and pixelation in fast and scene changes.)

Last edited:
Nah, it was a back out of a software update. Nothing more, nothing less….
...which is something that Dish normally does not do. I honestly think that this time around, the update was not supposed to go out at all, or at least not yet. My sister received the (let's just call it) "05" update on Monday. Normally there is a one week delay before the (apparent) Soak release goes out to anyone in the general public at all, but members here were reporting receiving it (and/or forcing it) by Friday. I was able to force it myself, after others here reported receiving it. Now, even she has been rolled back to the old version. Hopefully, this means that Dish fixed this glitch with their authorization system, so that new releases are no longer going out to members of the public who should not be getting them.

...which is something that Dish normally does not do. I honestly think that this time around, the update was not supposed to go out at all, or at least not yet. My sister received the (let's just call it) "05" update on Monday. Normally there is a one week delay before the (apparent) Soak release goes out to anyone in the general public at all, but members here were reporting receiving it (and/or forcing it) by Friday. I was able to force it myself, after others here reported receiving it. Now, even she has been rolled back to the old version. Hopefully, this means that Dish fixed this glitch with their authorization system, so that new releases are no longer going out to members of the public who should not be getting them.
Dish cannot be releasing bad software updates to some and making available to others to optionally download. Especially with the issues listed here. Forget beta testing, it makes you wonder if there was any alpha testing.....

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Dish cannot be releasing bad software updates to some and making available to others to optionally download. Especially with the issues listed here. Forget beta testing, it makes you wonder if there was any alpha testing.....
Perhaps Dish is desperate to recruit new beta testers. They release a new version to a select few here who regularly post about downloading the new versions as soon as they are available, and see what we have to say about it. Then, when problems are found, the release gets quietly pulled. Those of us who provided useful feedback get quietly contacted by Dish in private messages, and have the opportunity to enroll in their beta tester program. It is just a theory...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts