New Software: Hopper Duo (U990), Hopper 1 (....), Hopper 2 (....), Hopper 3 (....), Wally (....)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Is this a new feature of faking out the user to make them think that because they pressed the button, they're gonna get something?! "For another dollar you can spin again!"
This is nothing new. This is exactly how I described it, and it is a glitch with the Upgrade Software tool that has been around for quite awhile. After it takes the update, the button will fail to recognize that the receiver already has the latest version the first time you press it. Going ahead and triggering the "update" will make it go through the motions again as if it is downloading new software, even though nothing actually changes. When you go back to the button again, it will correctly trigger the pop-up about already having the latest version.

So, my advice is to immediately go ahead and trigger the "re-download" as soon as you actually get the new software (when you know full well that there is not actually another new version to download, since you just got the new version). That way, you avoid disappointment on some future date when you want to try again, when it might be more plausible that there actually is a new version to download. (Nope, just the re-download glitch.)

Unfortunately, those of you with two Hopper 3's get to go through this mess twice, with each and every update. [So, a total of four "downloads" just to update both H3's. A possible total of eight "downloads" for H301 (since it was released twice) plus the possible four "downloads" for the temporarily available H305, plus another four "downloads" for the upcoming H306. That's 16 downloads!] :eeek :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
Everytime I use those buttons someone usually get caught in the doors. But then I like to see what all the buttons do. I don't know why, but I always get such nasty looks.
You are probably blameless because one of the NOVA episodes I have recorded on my EHD was on the history of elevators. An Otis Elevator engineer admitted that the buttons in their elevators do absolutely nothing.

I work at a large government agency with many separate buldings. The "><" button does absolutely nothing in any of our buildings other than the one across the quadrangle from my office. So, it's possible, but unlikely, that you are to blame.

You are probably blameless because one of the NOVA episodes I have recorded on my EHD was on the history of elevators. An Otis Elevator engineer admitted that the buttons in their elevators do absolutely nothing.

I work at a large government agency with many separate buldings. The "><" button does absolutely nothing in any of our buildings other than the one across the quadrangle from my office. So, it's possible, but unlikely, that you are to blame.

I saw that. I liked the part where they show why they don't fall down the shafts. That's now the way it is in the movies. Buttons. That's why they use Monkeys to test them.

Large Gov Agency . . . that means "><" = "squinting".

At Hughes, there was a counter in the Security Office that totaled how many times people pushed those buttons. More Monkeys doing experiments.

• Haha
Reactions: TheKrell
You'll be fine provided you time your jump in the air just before impact.
"OMG!!"
"I have always thought that!" "Thank you so much for confirming it."

"3 . . . 2 . . . Jump!"

Elevator.jpg

Last edited:
. . . So, my advice is to immediately go ahead and trigger the "re-download" as soon as you actually get the new software (when you know full well that there is not actually another new version to download, since you just got the new version). That way, you avoid disappointment on some future date when you want to try again, when it might be more plausible that there actually is a new version to download. (Nope, just the re-download glitch.)

"Are you watching me?!"

Unfortunately, those of you with two Hopper 3's get to go through this mess twice, with each and every update. [So, a total of four "downloads" just to update both H3's. A possible total of eight "downloads" for H301 (since it was released twice) plus the possible four "downloads" for the temporarily available H305, plus another four "downloads" for the upcoming H306. That's 16 downloads!] :eeek :eek:

I don't bother the Leased one. It usually gets it days prior to us finding out. The one I bought is the one that it gets it sent to cuz "they have to". So about a month or two later . . .

Everytime I use those buttons someone usually get caught in the doors. But then I like to see what all the buttons do. I don't know why, but I always get such nasty looks.
"El-le-lator go down the hooooollle!"
- Baby Plucky

Also, if Thor sets down his hammer in an elevator, the elevator would still go up. An elevator's not worthy! (Is it?)

Reactions: SandFarmer

That was the first in the series of Baby Plucky cartoons, although of course I was referring to the cartoon "Going Up" from the Tiny Toon Adventures episode "What Makes Toons Tick". This running gag was used again in the Animaniacs cartoons "Survey Ladies" and "Le Bouton et le Ballon".

So I'm now on H306, for what it's worth.
I threw caution to the winds and manually updated to H306. So far, so good.
Downloading it now. Could the HBO Max app be coming tomorrow? I am assuming that is why Dish is rushing out these updates, to prepare as many receivers as possible for the return of HBO and Cinemax. :)

Reactions: TheKrell
After having the update a couple of weeks on my Wallys I can report that it still has the problem of reverting to the "All Subscribed" guide on it's own overnight any time it feels like it. It's done it twice in the last 5 days. My VIP211k's never did it. Very annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)