New Software: Hopper Duo (U992), Hopper 1 (U917), Hopper 2 (U742), Hopper 3 (U939), Wally (U827)

I was about to suggest $10, but I don't have $10 worth of faith that either will happen. :(
Well, I still owe ChadT41 a one-year pub membership next year, from my earlier bet with him. (HipKat covered the first year of ChadT41's Pub Membership, since HipKat also jumped in on that bet. Also, it was HipKat who originally provided the information about why the Joey 3 and 4K Joey would not support Amazon Prime, which later turned out to be incorrect. So, it is only fair that he pay first.) So, how about a one-year Pub Membership, with a deadline of December 31, 2021? If I am right (Amazon Prime comes to Hopper Duo first) then you pay for ChadT41's Pub Membership next year. If you are right (Home Media returns first) then I owe you a Pub Membership. If neither one happens, then it is a push, no win and no loss.

Reactions: TheKrell
Well, I still owe ChadT41 a one-year pub membership next year, from my earlier bet with him. (HipKat covered the first year of ChadT41's Pub Membership, since HipKat also jumped in on that bet. Also, it was HipKat who originally provided the information about why the Joey 3 and 4K Joey would not support Amazon Prime, which later turned out to be incorrect. So, it is only fair that he pay first.) So, how about a one-year Pub Membership, with a deadline of December 31, 2021? If I am right (Amazon Prime comes to Hopper Duo first) then you pay for ChadT41's Pub Membership next year. If you are right (Home Media returns first) then I owe you a Pub Membership. If neither one happens, then it is a push, no win and no loss.
You're on. :D I sure hope this is legal.

Last edited:
4K still gives DHCP errors. Unbelievable as this worked perfect two versions ago. Can’t watch any 4K Dish content. Another game today not watchable!. Why don’t they fix this. SJ

Well, TheKrell, one half of our bet is now resolved. It is official (from Scott) that Home Media is not returning to the Hoppers.
Yup its gone.

My understanding was less than 1% of Hopper users were using it. And that some of the backend software that it used needs to be upgraded for other things that the Hopper uses, and updating those backend components would have broken the DLNA home media client (that was using an older version of the DLNA standard) the company that made the DLNA stuff for them is no longer in business so DISH would have had to rewrite the entire things from scratch and since less than 1% of the Hopper owners used it, they decided to scrap it.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Well, TheKrell, one half of our bet is now resolved. It is official (from Scott) that Home Media is not returning to the Hoppers.
I guess that means there is no way I can win and may yet have to pay for Chad's Pub membership (extension) if you do win. Nothing happens if we both lose. Am I reading this bet correctly?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I guess that means there is no way I can win and may yet have to pay for Chad's Pub membership (extension) if you do win. Nothing happens if we both lose. Am I reading this bet correctly?
Yes, that is correct. The good news (for you) is that I am down to only one Hopper Duo left. So, as soon as I sell that one, I will no longer be monitoring this issue that closely personally. This Hopper Duo is listed in the Classifieds section here, if anyone is interested.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, that is correct. The good news (for you) is that I am down to only one Hopper Duo left. So, as soon as I sell that one, I will no longer be monitoring this issue that closely personally. This Hopper Duo is listed in the Classifieds section here, if anyone is interested.
TheKrell, you are now off the hook. I went ahead and got ChadT41 a one-year Pub Membership extension. I already sold my purchased Hopper Duos, and I will soon be returning my leased Hopper Duo to Dish. So, I will no longer be monitoring to see if Amazon Prime ever shows up on Hopper Duo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)