New Software HR2x ver 029B

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sd-hdtv-fan

Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
San Diego, CA
HR20-100 with 0x29b?

I've been having constant problems with 0x290 on my HR20-100. The video stutters consistently every few minutes. It's similar to watching video on a slow pc that can't keep up and drops frames. I thought maybe the last NR got corrupted when it downloaded (my disk is pretty full) so I did a forced download today. I haven't entered the code to get CE releases. When I checked the version number after the forced download it was 0x29b? :eek: I know the last NR was 0x290. I have no idea what may have happened. I was only home for lunch and didn't have time to investigate any further. Anybody have any ideas about what this release is or how it ended up on my box?

0x029B is listed as the current HR20-100 national release on the bird. We may be all seeing bright blue circles soon.

Getting new software download to HR20, 11/07/2008 0320AM Software(0298) anyone else or is this new and I just did'nt have it?

Last edited:
i left the house at 5am est and didn't see anything. wonder what's happening

It seems that 29b is the latest national release. My HR20-100 received it at 3:23 this morning.

I have no idea what changed, unless it was to fix some problems that some have had with 290 .

Since some see it and some don't, I would guess it is a staggered release?

Hopefully we'll receive some info from DirecTV later today. Usually no earlier than the afternoon (they're west coast)

Well, my HR21 got the new software 0x029B and it didn't go well.

I had to hard reset (remove power & sat line) 3 times before getting the box to reboot.
After an hour and finally get it rebooted, the drive was erased.

Clearly there was a data error of some sort, and the box finally reformatted the drive.
What is really sorry to say - this is my wife's DVR, so the WAF just went WAY down.

My HR20's are still on the old software (a ce version 0x029a).

Did anyone with an HR20 get an update?

This better not wipe my drive. I have a 1TB external hooked up and have about half of it full of stuff.
Mine is a HR20-100 and as far as I know at 6am it wasn't updated yet.

Only issue I had was it searching for a signal after the install. After about 15 minutes it was still searching. I rebooted and all was fine, though it didn't look good for a minute there.

Mine wouldn't tune anything in this morning. Good signal - and could play anything recorded, but just gray screens on every channel with no sound. Rebooted and everything was fine. Haven't been home all day to see how it's been doing since.

Status
Please reply by conversation.