Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Got a new software update, the interface is looking great now, new info bar on top looks really cool.

Missing however is the Internet feature, its not even listed under PIP.

But one new feature is the 922 can now be controlled by a standard IR remote. A Dish 622 or 722 remote on IR address 1 can now control the 922.

This is a BIG step forward, this machine is quickly turning into a great receiver!

IR support is the best news I have heard about this box in a while!

As for the interface upgrades, are you allowed to show us? If not, could you describe what info bar you are talking about? Like if you are on a channel and simply hit "info"? Or more like the info on top when you are browsing the guide?

Here is the infobar. :)

Now if I press select on the Touchpad remote I actually see a different info bar.

Attachments

• 922.jpg
    922.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 393
This is a MUST for this receiver to have IR remote support. I take it that it will have UHF Pro support as well where you can use a TV2 remote from a 625/622/722 receiver such as the 6.3 remote?

Now if I press select on the Touchpad remote I actually see a different info bar.

I don't get the info bar you have, but I do have new software. The best part is I can now control it using my Harmony 880. When they get the internet and Sling working this will be a must buy for me, assuming that my local dealer wants this one back.

any changes to the guide (channel logos) etc or is everything about the GUI still in tact?

It looks the same to me with a couple of exceptions.

1. They put all of the settings in one window, I prefer this to the way it was.
2. When you have the guide up, the window for the show you're watching seems a little smaller.

And I do like using my Harmony!:D

This is weird.

If I hit the select on the Touchpad remote I get the standard info screen. I can get the one you get if I turn the 922 on with the Harmony or my 722 remote. Turning it on with the Touchpad remote gets the old info screen?

I like the new software, but now I can't connect the Sling portion from remote. It just says Connecting for a few minutes then the word connecting goes away. All other Slingboxes at my house are working fine.

I like the new software, but now I can't connect the Sling portion from remote. It just says Connecting for a few minutes then the word connecting goes away. All other Slingboxes at my house are working fine.

I've had issues with the PC Sling player and the iPhone app for a while.

I figured out what dish needs to do about the remote. They need to add the technology from the Wii to the standard remote then we can use the Diimote for the graphical interface. This has to be better than using the arrow keys (or the touch pad) to move around the graphical interface.

I figured out what dish needs to do about the remote. They need to add the technology from the Wii to the standard remote then we can use the Diimote for the graphical interface. This has to be better than using the arrow keys (or the touch pad) to move around the graphical interface.

That's a good idea and would make using the menu a lot easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)