New software killed my 622's

I'm having a tech out tomorrow because I'm getting occasional drop outs and pixelation on both my 622's but never to the point where it is "searching for signal" almost as if its on the cusp of the threshold of red. I've never had any probs with any updates as I've read in this post. This will be the third tech to come out. Based on what I have been reading, I got lost a few times due to the abbreviations and terms I'm not familiar with. All I can say is that I've had Dish for almost four years, upgraded to HD back in Jan, they then brought out 2 622's and installed them. Never ever noticed a problem with signal loss ( unless a bad storm) until the uprade to 2 622's .

It has been good 95% of the time. It can be a bright sunny day out, wind or no wind or it can be partly cloudy and you will be watching an HD channel and it starts the pixelation. Of course when the tech is here it doesn't do it but I can show him several things I have dvr'd that do it. It can be lightly raining outside and I will turn it to an HD channel and I wont get any pixelation! (weird). The first tech that was here came inside, I told him what was going on, he got the remote, checked the signals and said you signals are fine, got behind the tv and checked the cables and changed a couple of things. (actually he ended up unhooking my dvd recorder) and then gave me his card and told me to call if anymore problems. The last tech that was here changed something on the Dish, came back in, checked the signals and he shook his head and mentioned one thing was unusually low. Told me if it started happening again, to let him know. Well, later that day, it was as if he hadn't been here. It can be SD, locals or HD but mostly noticeable on HD. Again, my tv is very watchable, you can watch it without seeing anything wrong for hours, suddenly you will get a drop out here and there so it is not to the point where its a big deal to me but I know this should not be happening. Is there anything. Any questions I should ask the tech or what else can I do. This is the third time. Thanks.

Unbelivable!!!! to make my story short: 722 crashed around middle of june after software upgrade. Keeps rebooting and getting same error message 015 (aquiring satellite signal) all the time. Dish had switched my receiver 3 times, they have come up to my house 5 times and can not fix the problem. I do not have OTA anymore since I learned that could be the cause of the problem. I am shocked at the poor experince of the tech support on 1800 # who keeps on saying they know nothing about software issues, even though the tech on the field keeps on mentioning they are having lots of costumers with same situation. I have tried everything, reseting, checking switch, reset to factory default. The new receiver is doing the same. What else can I do?

Well, this was the third time the tech came to my house with the pixelation I have been getting. They were getting very low signal on 129. He said my line of sight was great. So that apparently isn't an issue. He changed cables on Dish and did a few things on the Dish itself including re-pointing it. He actually had trouble with that but ultimately got it to a signal strength of 40. I don't know what else to do. Today, same crap on both 622's. Sunny out and pixelation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)