New software spooling for 625 and 522 receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
l2.59

Hi, I'm new to this forum as I just recently got a 522, someone posted how to update software. Is that a specific procedure, or did they just mean it will update if you are locked on and power receiver off from remote? And has anyone gotten 2.59 yet or are we all still waiting.

12/28/2005: 1324 Software Version L2.59 for DVR522
Effective Thursday, December 29th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L2.59 for the DVR522 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

XDS Support - Extended Data Service (XDS) Allows any receiver with compatible software to communicate to an external recording device such as a PocketDISH and record to it like a vcr.
At this time L2.58 and L2.59 will be valid software versions for the DVR522.

Go to the first sentence, and there it says: ...PLANS to spool...

So it ain't out yet.

Last I checked I still had L258 on my 625 also and I power it off every night and let it do its thing. So I don't think they've released it.

Hopefully it will fix what seems to be a stutter in recorded or paused TV play back I'm seeing.

I am usually one of the first ones to get an update for my 522. Still on L 2.55. :down

Hi everyone,
I really dont know much about all the technical aspects of dish stuff, I mainly came to these forums to see what to get when upgrading to a dvr but anyway. I had a 522 installed yesterday and after reading this topic I decided to check and see which software I had. I hit menu twice and under Software version it lists L259GALD-N. I'm not sure if this is what y'all are talking about but I figured I would let everyone know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)