new software up date for the hr34 this mornimg 0x5c2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think 3 tuners for a Whole Home DVR is a terrible idea especially if DirecTV is going to push "Tuner-less" C31 as clients for a Whole Home Solution.

The only way I see this as a workable Whole Home solution is to reserve Two of the tuners of a HR34 in a reworked HR44 and use or "Adopt" the Dish Technology of recording all of the separate streams from one Transponder, and using reserved Hard Drive space to store all the content so it can stream to the remote C-31 clients. That way the Genie as access to all of the content from two transponders all the time, at the same time providing 3 other tuners for the end users.

I have had the Genie running for about a week and it does seem to record quite a bit of content, most I will not watch. But as long as it doesn't subtract from my available storage I don't mind.

John

Last edited:
So I did a restart....and then the OTA channels gave me error 750 (cant tune to them)
so I reset OTA and redid it and now we're back to the guide looking dorky. Guess I'll wait til later to see if it fills in properly.

I got 750 on my OTA channels today as well. Took TWO restarts and all is well now...

yeah seems like lately anytime the receiver gets a software upgrade that 750 message shows up 1/2 the time....requiring a reboot

Ive also just figured out how Im getting past this Marantz/HR34 handshake issue, hopefully.

I ordered the new Oppo 103, and it actually can accept up to two sources, use it's built in Marvell chip, and take 480i/720p/1080i sources to 1080p and send them out. Im going to use it between my HR34 and plasma now.

I was watching CW OTA just a bit ago, and it started doing the audio dropout thing to where it seems like it counts down and dies, until a channel change. So weird this doesnt appear to happen on recordings, but live it does.

Now that Im getting into more Fall season recordings, Im see audio blips and complete drops on Satellite recordings as well. I finally changed the thing to PCM 2.0, which sucks, but it seems to be behaving better.

Also, FFW3 seems to still be hit and miss for the jumpback when you hit play to stop it. As someone who has had this for 9 months, I find it fully ridiculous they havent worked this stuff out by now.

Im kinda starting to get pissed...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)