New Software Update times out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andya612

Original poster
Sep 18, 2011
Houston, Texas
I have a HR22 dvr, was watching tv then change channel. A blue "search for update" screen came up and it searched till timed out. I reset, rebooted, reauthorized and never got back to tv. I called tech support and tried all the same type fixes they suggested, nothing worked. Any suggestion on a fix before I get them to send a replacement. Thanks in advance for a reply.

I have a HR22 dvr, was watching tv then change channel. A blue "search for update" screen came up and it searched till timed out. I reset, rebooted, reauthorized and never got back to tv. I called tech support and tried all the same type fixes they suggested, nothing worked. Any suggestion on a fix before I get them to send a replacement. Thanks in advance for a reply.
Any error messages involved ?

What other recvrs do you have and are they working ?
What type of dish ... is this a SWM or Non SWM system ?

I have 2 other single line receivers, all working. I have a slimline 3, that use the b band filter inline.not swm. No error message. Has the hex numbers on the top searching for a update for about 5 minutes then say "no update found". Remote does nothing,

Maybe an upgrade in your future ...
If you want you can move a working box to that location and see if it still works, if it does, you'll know that it's not a dish/cable issue.

It's almost certainly because the software it is looking for is not in the download stream. This usually happens because the box has tried to do an update and the user said "do it later". There's no fix as far as I know other than let the box keep trying to update until the software finally appears in the stream. But that could be weeks or even longer.
If it were me I would get it replaced. See if you can get a free Genie upgrade (it will extend your contract by two years) otherwise call and say your Hr22 won't even power up, that will save a long discussion with some CSRs who have no idea how this works, and then you will get a replacement.

The OP did not say which HR22 he had but I checked over the past 24 hrs and neither was in the stream. But the HR22-100 has now appeared so if it is that model he should be able to get a download.

I got home, hooked my receiver {hr22-100} back up after I read about the update stream and it immediately started download. Never had a chance to try 0246 but will remember that. I appreciate all the tech support from you guys, learned a lot. Probably time for an upgrade but has been a good reliable system for most part. Thanks, up and running.

I got home, hooked my receiver {hr22-100} back up after I read about the update stream and it immediately started download. Never had a chance to try 0246 but will remember that. I appreciate all the tech support from you guys, learned a lot. Probably time for an upgrade but has been a good reliable system for most part. Thanks, up and running.
02468 download will only work if the software is in the stream, and your receiver was already in download mode so it just happened.
A couple of tips.
If your receiver asks you if it can download say "yes" unless you are doing something very important. Delaying it can put you in this state again.
If your receiver is off for a while this can also happen. Another reason why I never switch my receivers off!!

02468 download will only work if the software is in the stream, and your receiver was already in download mode so it just happened.
A couple of tips.
If your receiver asks you if it can download say "yes" unless you are doing something very important. Delaying it can put you in this state again.
If your receiver is off for a while this can also happen. Another reason why I never switch my receivers off!!
You mean disconnected from service, right ?
I Turn my recvrs off every night, all that does is shuts the front panel off and the video output I would guess.

If you were to disconnect the recvr from the Sat feed long enough, that will shut the recvr down and you'll have to re authorize it.
Not sure how long it goes before shut down if disconnected, but I would think maybe a 2 week period sounds about right.
I have come across that with the recvr in the RV.

Yes, I mean disconnected from power.
But I never turn any of my DVRs off (i.e. to standby) there's little point.

i remember well when it asked for an update, i clicked later while watch football. I'll watch in another room while it downloads next time. Cool how you can tell what update is in the stream. Over my head but thats why ask yall question. Thanks again

Do what Scott said right now... Reboot the receiver. When the blue lights come on, press 0 2 4 6 8. It should tell you it's searching for (and found) new software. That will give you the newest national software, if you do it anytime except Friday and Saturday nights.

Do what Scott said right now... Reboot the receiver. When the blue lights come on, press 0 2 4 6 8. It should tell you it's searching for (and found) new software. That will give you the newest national software, if you do it anytime except Friday and Saturday nights.
I think he has the most updated software for his recvr now ... see post 10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)