new software update U321 for Hopper 3

Several changes that I noticed from playing around: channel changes are now faster and overall speed has increased. There is now an option in settings called "Menu Language", Mini guide now features SD symbol for SD channels. Also, the appearance of the "Modern" theme has changed somewhat. It now looks closer to the original "Dark" theme that some users liked better. App channels, like Multi-view, no longer have the red "APP" lettering in the guide below the channel name anymore. The standby screen has been updated. A "Showtimes" option has been added to the bottom banner.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
The 'dolby issue' is easily solved by using HDMI for video and optical for audio.

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk
To clarify, the dolby digital "off" setting does not work. In other words, for HD channels, dolby digital is ALWAYS passed. This is causing horrible audio on a soundbar connect direct with optical. TV is connected via HDMI. If i try to pass optical between tv and soundbar it will not work.
I posted a thread on this back in May and some other individuals reported the same problem.

It appears the option to adjust the Display Format for SD channels now sticks to that option. I used to have to change it to my preferred setting constantly.

That's not a "solve." It's a bandaid. Using an antiquated technology isn't exactly how issues should be fixed.
It isn't a bandaid and it works well. But you are free to avoid it and not get DD on Netflix from the H3 if it makes you feel better.

A great new feature added within the info screen of each program is "Showtimes" which lists all future airings of that specific episode or movie.

Also, the CAST tab lists mini-bios for the actors & actresses.

Does this "Showtimes" improve on the broken behavior of trying to set a timer for programs that aren't listed in the guide ? Previously, if they weren't listed but were available on Netflix, you didn't get the "Record future airing" option.

A great new feature added within the info screen of each program is "Showtimes" which lists all future airings of that specific episode or movie.

Also, the CAST tab lists mini-bios for the actors & actresses.
I wish the Cast tab would indicate the character name for each actor.

I am getting a Hopper 3 soon and have read the comments on this. Let me get this straight. I have a soundbar hooked up with a optic cable from soundbar to TV and the Hopper receiver hooked up to TV through HDMI. I am going to have audio issues with the Hopper 3???

I am getting a Hopper 3 soon and have read the comments on this. Let me get this straight. I have a soundbar hooked up with a optic cable from soundbar to TV and the Hopper receiver hooked up to TV through HDMI. I am going to have audio issues with the Hopper 3???

That is my setup and I do not have audio issues.

Let me get this straight. I have a soundbar hooked up with a optic cable from soundbar to TV and the Hopper receiver hooked up to TV through HDMI. I am going to have audio issues with the Hopper 3???

That is my setup and I do not have audio issues.

I connected Hopper to my audio receiver using a optical cable and have no sound issues.

It isn't a bandaid and it works well. But you are free to avoid it and not get DD on Netflix from the H3 if it makes you feel better.

It may work, but it certainly is not the highest level of present technology. IF any of the programmers were ever to pas on the newest sound selections......that are available via blu ray, then the optical connection would not pass them, but hdmi would..........so yes it is a band aid of sorts

It may work, but it certainly is not the highest level of present technology
You feel that programmers (and equipment manufacturers) should drop all hardware support for all but the latest, "present" technology ? Hell, my 2-year old TV has composite inputs. It has RF as well but that's a dual-function for use with an OTA antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts