New sub ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zexel8888

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
I just had service installed on 1/22 and the tech named the two hr 24`s LR1 and LR2. They both showed up as this just LIVINGROOM online, so I renamed them and they still show up as LIVINGROOM. Do I have to do something for this change to show up online so that I know which dvr I am recording to. I did do a hard reset of both receivers. Thanks for any info. By the way having just come from Dish, so far I am impressed with the Direct Hd dvr`s.

Did you make sure you press select on "update name"?

This may take some time to show up in D* servers. Something else to try is clearing your cookies then checking it again. Maybe others can chime in with additional advice.

The reason they are showing up as "Livingroom" online mostlikely has nothing to do with what you name the DVR's and more to do with what the tech named them in his handheld to tell D* what rooms they were in. You could probably rename them a billion times and the online will not change.

I would suggest calling D* and see if they could change the location of one in their system.

The reason they are showing up as "Livingroom" online mostlikely has nothing to do with what you name the DVR's and more to do with what the tech named them in his handheld to tell D* what rooms they were in. You could probably rename them a billion times and the online will not change.

I would suggest calling D* and see if they could change the location of one in their system.

No, you use to be able to name then whatever you wanted, now they give you a list of names you can use ...

I have the same situation, but went with Living Room in the main or Theatre is also available, and Family Room is also there.

Yes, you can name them at the receivers, but techs when they activate them name them also.
I think this is what is showing up on the website.
I don't know if you can change this online or not.
The only way I know is by calling D*

You can also name the receivers through the menu, but that will not change what is in D*'s system.

Thanks for all the responses, but I got it to work by renaming them at the receivers and online.
I do have another problem perhaps you could help with. When I set the receivers to record only first run episodes they record shows that are repeats also. Like tonight, Glee is a repeat but it shows it is going to record, is this normal? On the Dish DVR`s if you set to new only they did not record repeats. I hope I`m doing something wrong and this can be changed.

Yes, you can name them at the receivers, but techs when they activate them name them also.
I think this is what is showing up on the website.
I don't know if you can change this online or not.
The only way I know is by calling D*

You can also name the receivers through the menu, but that will not change what is in D*'s system.

What I was talking about in my last post WAS for ONLINE, not the recvr itself.

Thanks for all the responses, but I got it to work by renaming them at the receivers and online.
I do have another problem perhaps you could help with. When I set the receivers to record only first run episodes they record shows that are repeats also. Like tonight, Glee is a repeat but it shows it is going to record, is this normal? On the Dish DVR`s if you set to new only they did not record repeats. I hope I`m doing something wrong and this can be changed.

Go into the shows setting under Record and make sure it says First Run only and not Both .... also check ub\nder Manage recordings to see what the default settings are.

I have checked and the settings are for first run only. Any other suggestions?

I have checked and the settings are for first run only. Any other suggestions?

This is a known problem due to the guide information not always being up to date. If it doesn't say the episode isn't first run, it will record it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)