New sub

Steelr7

Original poster
Feb 17, 2004
I am looking for the best deal for my father. He just got a new HD widescreen and wants to sign up for E*. He would like HD and DVR in the living room, and then something in 2 bedrooms. I noticed on the dishstore site, that he could get an 811 and a 625. It states you can upgrade to the 942 for $250. Is it possible to get setup with a 942 AND a 625? Or a 942 and any other dvr for the additional bedroom? Basically can you have DVR in 3 rooms?

You may want to read further into these posts about the HD stations before getting the HD hardware. They are downrezzing the signal (made the picture quality worse). Lots of angry customers right now.

Stargazer,
I don't think that answer is really helping the OP. I believe it is possible, but they may make him buy one of the receivers. Honestly the best way to figure it out is to call DISH and ask.

The answers are yes.

The DHA Rules said:
• Eligible models include new or reconditioned model 942, 811, 625, 522, 510, 322, 311, 301, and 111 receivers.
Maximum of four tuners. Up to four total receivers if all are single-tuner receivers.
• Maximum of two dual-tuner receivers per new account.
• Maximum of one (1) model 942 dual-tuner receiver per new account.
• Maximum of one (1) model 625 dual-tuner receiver per new account.
• Maximum of one (1) model 522 dual-tuner receiver per new account.
• Maximum of two (2) model 811 receivers per new account.
• A $5.00 rental fee for the first receiver is included in the base programming package price.
• An additional rental fee of $5.00 per month will be charged to the customer’s account for each receiver beyond the first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)