Input for Dish on possible VOOM Changes Being Made

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
Folks, I just got a very polite response from Dish Quality Team to my email about Voom HD quality issues. They said that they are working the problem, and will be trying something new tonight. They have asked for my input tomorrow as to whether the picture quality improves based on what they do tonight.

They also said that, in general, they will be transmitting the same format that they receive from the HD source.

Before I respond tomorrow, I would really like to see everyone's inputs on this site stating what changes, if any, they observe tonight.

Thanks for your help. I think we have a chance to encourage Dish to do the right thing with their HD programming.:D

First..... it would be nice if they transmitted in full hd and bitrate... going to 8psk on 129 would be a start for the voom 21 but that really wont be benifical untill voom 21 gets turned on. If you can have them email me and I will let them know whats going on as I see it. I will be glad to be there beta tester. right now going full bitrate and 1920 x 1080I is the solution. Its sad when MNF looks better than voom. :) Let me know specifics on what they are looking for so we can give them a ya or a na... (yes or no)

goaliebob99 said:
First..... it would be nice if they transmitted in full hd and bitrate... going to 8psk on 129 would be a start for the voom 21 but that really wont be benifical untill voom 21 gets turned on. If you can have them email me and I will let them know whats going on as I see it. I will be glad to be there beta tester. right now going full bitrate and 1920 x 1080I is the solution. Its sad when MNF looks better than voom. :) Let me know specifics on what they are looking for so we can give them a ya or a na... (yes or no)
GoalieBob, From a technical perspective, can you tell by tomorrow morning if the resolution and bit rate have changed over night? All I have to work with are my eyes (and my Loewe HDTV).
I will attempt to get you linked up as a beta tester, as you suggested. Good idea. What I am trying to do is to open the dialogue in a constructive manner.
Thanks! Bob

Gary Murrell said:
Count me in Bob if possible, I would love to be in the test dialogue also
I can tell you the second bitrate or resolution changes
-Gary
Thanks, Gary. What I will try to do is open a dialogue with them and members of this forum. Key to success will be ensuring everyone tries to help resolve the technical challenges without throwing more stones.
Bob

I agree with you also Scott in that this in not being thought of as much over at DBS Talk, It has been a up hill battle over there discussing this stuff and I have pretty much gave up

We also all know about it over on the AVS Forum of course ;)

-Gary

rdinkel said:
GoalieBob, From a technical perspective, can you tell by tomorrow morning if the resolution and bit rate have changed over night? All I have to work with are my eyes (and my Loewe HDTV).
I will attempt to get you linked up as a beta tester, as you suggested. Good idea. What I am trying to do is to open the dialogue in a constructive manner.
Thanks! Bob

Same here... I cant view 8psk like others... I was working on viewing 8psk with a 6000 8psk cartredge.... but I ran into a brick wall with that one.. Unless someone who knows how to make an usb adapter like rod had or if they have one not in use I would be very intrested... right now at the current moment Im working on the new uplink computer... and im hopeing to have it up and ready in a couple of months... (the uplink computer will be hdtv ready and one bad ass computer. :) )

goaliebob99 said:
Same here... I cant view 8psk like others... I was working on viewing 8psk with a 6000 8psk cartredge.... but I ran into a brick wall with that one.. Unless someone who knows how to make an usb adapter like rod had or if they have one not in use I would be very intrested... right now at the current moment Im working on the new uplink computer... and im hopeing to have it up and ready in a couple of months... (the uplink computer will be hdtv ready and one bad ass computer. :) )

I think Gary will be able to provide the resolution and bit rate data need. Bob

Maybe the next e-mail someone sends should also be CC'd to the WSJ and USA Today :)

goaliebob99 said:
as long as we work for the common goal :) I just hate being left in the dark on stuff like this and 8psk. :)

I am the facilitator, since Dish asked for my feedback. You and Gary are potential "beta testers" with all the technical info/smarts. Will keep both of you in the loop. Bob

Has HD News suffered from intense pixelation and dropped frames most of the night? Or is this indicative of Dish engineering working on this on the fly?

Now, I am getting a jackhammer sound from HD News. Time to channel up and down to fix it.

rdinkel said:
I am the facilitator, since Dish asked for my feedback. You and Gary are potential "beta testers" with all the technical info/smarts. Will keep both of you in the loop. Bob

Sweet.. thanks... Ill even sign a NDA and put up my own 942 for gunnie pig testing :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)