New Sub

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
I just ordered DTV for the first time ever but it won't be installed for awhile a long week or two. I can't wait because I like playing with new toys. I sure hope I like it. I decided against going back to E* because I'm sick of Charlie pissing around and with DTV I know I'll get the channels I get when I order it that won't disappear every-time a contract is up.

What I found strange was that I didn't get to pick my programming package when I ordered online. What's up with that? I just hope that they upgrade the Max package because having only three channels of it is very old-time cable like half assed service. I just hope the install goes okay because the one room doesn't have a phone line. What do they usually do in this case?

Roger said:
I just ordered DTV for the first time ever but it won't be installed for awhile a long week or two. I can't wait because I like playing with new toys. I sure hope I like it. I decided against going back to E* because I'm sick of Charlie pissing around and with DTV I know I'll get the channels I get when I order it that won't disappear every-time a contract is up.
What I found strange was that I didn't get to pick my programming package when I ordered online. What's up with that? I just hope that they upgrade the Max package because having only three channels of it is very old-time cable like half assed service. I just hope the install goes okay because the one room doesn't have a phone line. What do they usually do in this case?
who did you ordered your install from DIRECTV or a third party?

You can change your package online in realtiem on their website. Go to directtv.com and register using your account number (it will ask you), and you can go in and add/remove packages and other things, all in real time.

damaged said:
You can change your package online in realtiem on their website. Go to directtv.com and register using your account number (it will ask you), and you can go in and add/remove packages and other things, all in real time.

It won't let me until my account gets activated. No big deal. I got my day moved up one day by rescheduling it on their site. I'll keep trying back to see if I can get it any faster. Is there a downgrade fee after I cancel the 3 months of free movies and if so what is the fee?

Roger said:
It won't let me until my account gets activated. No big deal. I got my day moved up one day by rescheduling it on their site. I'll keep trying back to see if I can get it any faster. Is there a downgrade fee after I cancel the 3 months of free movies and if so what is the fee?
if after the 3 full months are up no fee but if you downgrade before that $10

You will pick your programming at the time of the install. The tech should give you a number before he does the installation and after he is finished he will call and activate your recievers.

As for the fee I have never heard of DTV charging you for a downgrade. I know dish does but DTV will pro rate your bill if you turn a premium channel off mid month. I have changed my programming 6 or 7 times in the 2 years I have had DTV and never have been charged for a downgrade.

lee78221 said:
if after the 3 full months are up no fee but if you downgrade before that $10
no, you can change up or down your programming once every 30 days w/o a fee

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)