New to C-band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lmcc4088

Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Okahumpka Fl.
I've been a FTA hobbist for over a year. Circular and KU bands.Largest dish 31 in. . Today, I obtained a wire mesh 90 inch with an AStro Pro LNB. model 2020cs.,with a super jack actuator, 24 in..Where o I go from here? I'm useing a Neusat 6000, which is being used on my 31 in. dish W/LNBF.To check the LNB, if it has a problem, will it damage my receiver [STB]? Also noticed two heavy wires, red & black, also two smaller wires, probably 20 guage, what are the function of these wires? It also has a servo motor attached to the LNB. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks, Larry

Also noticed two heavy wires, red & black, also two smaller wires, probably 20 guage, what are the function of these wires?
actuator control wires & sensor , usually a analog receiver controls the big dish but a v-box / g-box will also move it.

It also has a servo motor attached to the LNB
usually a analog receiver controlled the servo some FTA receivers can also control it pansat ect. the Neusat 6000 won't control the servo to switch polarity

dish W/LNBF.To check the LNB, if it has a problem, will it damage my receiver [STB]?
you should be able to diseqc it into your current system as a stationary dish with no problems . the LO for the C-band lnbf is 5150 ( i usually add c-band stuff as a second satellite to keep form having to change things in the menu back and forth).

there are aditional switches / splitters to get if you add it with a analog receiver ( to move the big dish and control the servo)

good luck and if you have questions we will try to help :)

Thanks

Thanks for you rapid reply. I'm sure I will figure out most of it as I research everything.At present, I have 3 receivers,A Neusat 6000p, a coolsat 6100p, anda dish network 301, which I cant find a use for, LOL,.. four small dishes, and a fortec 31", with an H&H motor. THanks again, Larry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)