New to C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lmcc4088

Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Okahumpka Fl.
I've been a FTA hobbist for over a year. Circular and KU bands.Largest dish 31 in. . Today, I obtained a wire mesh 90 inch with an AStro Pro LNB. model 2020cs.,with a super jack actuator, 24 in..Where o I go from here? I'm useing a Neusat 6000, which is being used on my 31 in. dish W/LNBF.To check the LNB, if it has a problem, will it damage my receiver [STB]? Also noticed two heavy wires, red & black, also two smaller wires, probably 20 guage, what are the function of these wires? It also has a servo motor attached to the LNB. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks, Larry

Also noticed two heavy wires, red & black, also two smaller wires, probably 20 guage, what are the function of these wires?
actuator control wires & sensor , usually a analog receiver controls the big dish but a v-box / g-box will also move it.

It also has a servo motor attached to the LNB
usually a analog receiver controlled the servo some FTA receivers can also control it pansat ect. the Neusat 6000 won't control the servo to switch polarity

dish W/LNBF.To check the LNB, if it has a problem, will it damage my receiver [STB]?
you should be able to diseqc it into your current system as a stationary dish with no problems . the LO for the C-band lnbf is 5150 ( i usually add c-band stuff as a second satellite to keep form having to change things in the menu back and forth).

there are aditional switches / splitters to get if you add it with a analog receiver ( to move the big dish and control the servo)

good luck and if you have questions we will try to help :)

Thanks

Thanks for you rapid reply. I'm sure I will figure out most of it as I research everything.At present, I have 3 receivers,A Neusat 6000p, a coolsat 6100p, anda dish network 301, which I cant find a use for, LOL,.. four small dishes, and a fortec 31", with an H&H motor. THanks again, Larry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts