New to DirecTV Need more DVR Options.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

phxrick

Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm a new DirecTV Customer, just had the Genie and Genie Mini installed. I have a question. Can I get rid of the Genie Mini and have another HD DVR Installed. If I got another HD DVR installed would that increase the number of tuners to my system (thus having more then 5 Recordings). Could both the Genie and the other HD DVR see all the recordings or would the recordings on both be two separate DVR's.

What tuners could i get to give me the most tuners that would allow me to watch and record the most content. Would that increase the price the more DVR's I get?

Any info would be appreciated. I got my system installed and read somewhere that I could change things within 30 days before getting charged a service call.

Thanks for any info.

I'm a new DirecTV Customer, just had the Genie and Genie Mini installed. I have a question. Can I get rid of the Genie Mini and have another HD DVR Installed.
sure you can. You'll still be below the 8 tuner max for a simple SWM setup

If I got another HD DVR installed would that increase the number of tuners to my system (thus having more then 5 Recordings).
yes a DVR would add 2 tuners to record

Could both the Genie and the other HD DVR see all the recordings or would the recordings on both be two separate DVR's.
the recordings woudl be on each DVR that it records on but you can play a recording from the Genie to the other HD DVR and vise versa

What tuners could i get to give me the most tuners that would allow me to watch and record the most content. Would that increase the price the more DVR's I get?
its $6 for each additional receiver (the clients have that same fee) but the thing is right now you have 5 tuners on an 8 channels SWM setup. The clients (mini genie) do not take up any tuners on that setup. For each HD DVR you add you add 2 tuners. If you go over 8 tuners then they have to switch out the LNB setup to one that allows 16 tuners.

Any info would be appreciated. I got my system installed and read somewhere that I could change things within 30 days before getting charged a service call.
That I do not know. You will have to pay for the HD DVR's though

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)