New to DirecTV - Question about DVR Timers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnmac59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
I am a new D* subscriber that just made the switch from Dish and I have a few question about DVR timers? I did a quick search and found nothing in the forums, thus the new thread. I have MRV setup to work among 2 H24s, HR23 and an HR24. my question is this: How can I display and manage all the timers I have setup? I have looked in the Series Manager on both DVRs and have not been able to find it. I can see what is upcoming that the DVRs will record, but if, for example, there is a show that is not setup to record in the next 2 weeks, it doesn't show up. With my 722 on Dish, I could view all the timers I setup and manage them, whether there was an upcoming show to record or not. make sense? I hope I am explaining it correctly. As another example, on my 722, when Lost ended last season, I went in to the timer listing and deleted the timer for it because I no longer needed it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The Series Manager option under the To Do List will show you all the series timers you have created. Within each timer you can get a breakdown of each episode that will air (on that channel only ) and which will be recorded or not.

If a specific episode will not be recorded that you want to record, you can press the R button when that ep. is highlighted and you'll see the R logo pop up next to it. Also, pressing the Stop button on an episode that is set to record will take it off the To Do list.

The one-time recordings only show up in the To Do list at the point in time they are scheduled for, there is no all encompassing list of all the timers, both series and one-time, like the dish Timers list. Also good luck trying to work with 50 Series timers instead of ~100 w/ Dish. I've just about got the hang of it but every other week it requires some work.

Thanks for your help. I'm bummed to know that there is no all encompassing list like with Dish, but I will learn to make it work. What about priorities? Is there a way to setup priorities of the recordings? I had a three last week that my wife tried to record on the HR24 at the same time and if she had the choice she would rather have had the one that didn't record. I know that I can sort of set a priority when I first setup the timer, but is there any way to set it afterward?

johnmac59 said:
Thanks for your help. I'm bummed to know that there is no all encompassing list like with Dish, but I will learn to make it work. What about priorities? Is there a way to setup priorities of the recordings? I had a three last week that my wife tried to record on the HR24 at the same time and if she had the choice she would rather have had the one that didn't record. I know that I can sort of set a priority when I first setup the timer, but is there any way to set it afterward?

Menu > Manage Recordings > Series Manager > Use Up/Down to change programs priority, higher on the list then the more priority, example 1 will record over 2 if conflict and so on etc..

Status
Please reply by conversation.