New to Dish - NBA Blackout Rules

hokie74

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
I switched to Dish Network from Time Warner cable a few weeks ago. I am loving all the new HD channels and the greatly superior DVR. I used to receive the Cleveland Cavs games on FSOH on TW. They are blacked out on Dish here in NE Kentucky. I have the 200 channel package and receive Fox Sports Cincinnati and FS Ohio. Is this because the Cavs are carried on an extra NBA package or PPV?

I switched to Dish Network from Time Warner cable a few weeks ago. I am loving all the new HD channels and the greatly superior DVR. I used to receive the Cleveland Cavs games on FSOH on TW. They are blacked out on Dish here in NE Kentucky. I have the 200 channel package and receive Fox Sports Cincinnati and FS Ohio. Is this because the Cavs are carried on an extra NBA package or PPV?

Even though you may be in territory the Cav's claim, Dish is not paying for all the Cav's area. Even if you subscribe to NBA out of market you won't get the Cav's as you are in their territory. So you are screwed. I had same problem in upstate NY. I get Rangers and Knicks and are claimed by Nets Devils and Islander but Dish blacks me out on those teams.

You may have same problem getting Indians games when MLB starts.

Also check the Alt channels for broadcasts. Here in Northern Indiana I'm in an area claimed by 4 MLB teams, 2 of which are always broadcast on the Alt channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts