New to DTV snd ordered today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Salacak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
I just call and ordered DTV service this morning.I think I will be getting HR10. My installation is March 30 2007 and I'm waiting because I have a NHL package from comcast and want a use it until the end almost at least.
Should I ask HR20 instead of HR10 they are going to send, if I don't change it now later can I change to HR20 without paying any additional money. I have 4 TV's in my house 2HD and 2STV so I ordered 1 HD DVR and 1 HD receiver plus 2 Standart receivers. They priced this $298 after rebate $99.
I'm new to this and any info or deal should I know. Also anything I should be get ready for installation guy or know before he comes in.
Thanks

What is your service DMA? Doesn't that determine if you get the HR20 or not? Or are all new HD-DVR installs the newest model?

Well I'm a new customer and I liked DIRECTV Plus® DVR package. 2HD receiver one with DVR and model they told me HR10 and 2 STV receivers plus dish and installations. $298.00 my cost after $99 rebate. I'll like to know am I missing something for the equipment I'm getting and should I know or do something before the installation guys come in.

If you want the HR20 get it now. You will probably have to pay to upgrade later on. They may just send you one anyway because the HR10s are getting scarce.

I just talked to Directv customer service and they told me that they do not send out HR10's any longer. "The HR20 is the only DVR we are sending out now."
I called them because I am having trouble with my HR10 . They are sending me a HR20 to me house. They said it should be here Saturday via FedEx. I am also having a Tech come out to take look at my other DVR(HR20) that was installed on Feb. 24th. I am unable to get the RF remote to work. They even sent me a new RC32RF remote and that didn't work. Directv is sending the tech out with a new HR20 because it will more than likely be needed.

Well good luck to you and maybe guy who told me that HR10 I was getting is wrong and I changed my installation day to March 30'th hopefully I will get a good HR20 by than because I hear all problems for this model. My other concern is the installation the dish and wiring around the house. This standard installation means what I don't know, I don't want this guy to come and make a slapy job around and inside the house. Should I know anything before he comes in or ask him to do? All the rooms are not next to eachother.

Well good luck to you and maybe guy who told me that HR10 I was getting is wrong and I changed my installation day to March 30'th hopefully I will get a good HR20 by than because I hear all problems for this model. My other concern is the installation the dish and wiring around the house. This standard installation means what I don't know, I don't want this guy to come and make a slapy job around and inside the house. Should I know anything before he comes in or ask him to do? All the rooms are not next to eachother.

They will use what you currently have for cable if you want them too and it is good enough to use of course. They may need to run some new lines in if there are spilters in the house somewhere and for the HR20 because you need 2 lines from the dish.

Problem is I still use comcast internet service and lines carry comcast internet feed so I don't think they can use my existing cable lines.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)